Xone Phone - is it for real and is it any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• johnblake2298
    Options
    Xone Phone is a scam. Don't buy it!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Your evidence of this is ....... ?

We already know it's not the value for money that they try to say it is, but a scam?
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Can you supply any evidence to back up this assertion?
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In addition to the phones recommended above, Xiaomi also make the Pocophone F1 for about £250. I'm very pleased with mine.
  • akira181
    akira181 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ilesmark wrote: »
    All - lovely, thanks for the heads-up guys (and gals!)

Last question - if I go for any of these recommended phones, are there likely to be any issues with them being locked to any particular network? I was probably going to stay with EE, but might/will want to be able to use other SIM cards overseas.

Mark

if you're buying a phone directly without a SIM card, it's always unlocked. It's only locked when bought through a carrier although most can be unlocked for free after a few months paying the contract or for a small fee from the carrier. I've bought many a second hand phone locked to a carrier for cheap and got them unlocked by the carrier. Sometimes free, sometimes for a small fee (less than £20 usually).

My only watch out for buying cheaper android phones is that they don't often get the latest Android updates and security patches. Xiaomi are pretty good with updates though IIRC
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Just another forum profile spammer.
  • jimmemac
    Options
    xone phone is a cheap phone called oukitel about 60 pound on amazon not half price 150 pounds bargain and mine is not the make with xone shown on it,scam scam scam if you do get caught and have one for gods sake dont drop it even in a leather fully protected case it shatters like an egg ,can i contact the can i not only 3 months old and knackered repeat do not buy it ,if you read this at moneysavingexpert how do i get my money back its not fit for purpose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure