Vodafone mobile repair query

Options
stoopyftm
stoopyftm Posts: 48 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
My daughter has a phone she got from vodaphone and after less than a year the charger socket started playing up and would only charge intermittently. It was repaired by vodafone as under the one year warranty and that she wasn't at fault for causing the damage, ie dropping it etc

Now less than six months later the same problem is happening again.

My daughter has health problems and never leaves the house, so it's not as if she has a riotous life that could damage her phone. I'm guessing Vodafone will now say it's out of warranty but I would argue that the repair was sub standard if the same problem has occurred so shortly afterward.

Any advice? I havent contacted them yet, but forewarned is forearmed :)

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the charging port is microUSB then you don’t need a riotous life to damage it, simply too much trying to plug the charger in the wrong way will quickly damage the port.
    ====
  • stoopyftm
    stoopyftm Posts: 48 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    If the charging port is microUSB then you don’t need a riotous life to damage it, simply too much trying to plug the charger in the wrong way will quickly damage the port.

Suppose I was being a little bit facetious about the riotous life but I take your point.
    Thing is though I have quite a few appliances that charge on a micro usb and Im always trying to plug the charger in the wrong way and as yet I've not had a problem with any of them and I've had some for quite a while.

If you are right and that is the reason then the build quality on this particular phone must be quite poor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure