Have you found it OK?
    Thanks

Yes, it works very well.
    ====
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I assume you mean the unlimited calls/text/data plan at £20/month, as there doesn’t appear to be an unlimited data only SIM...

It works fine, at the moment hitting over 50Mb/s download. No issues with tethering, even got 4G tethering on a recent trip to the Republic of Ireland. Obviously coverage and capacity can vary significantly.
  • Tofu_eater
    Tofu_eater Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I meant the £20 a month contract one.Thanks for your reply
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    For current customers on this plan, their monthly charge just went up to £20.50/month... new customers still only pay £20, with an annual RPI increase each May.

Previously “SIM only” didn’t increase, although to be fair the £20.50 cost is still less than the old “One Plan” that had unlimited data/tethering for initially £25/month (eventually discounted significantly).
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    For current customers on this plan, their monthly charge just went up to £20.50/month... new customers still only pay £20, with an annual RPI increase each May.

Previously “SIM only” didn’t increase, although to be fair the £20.50 cost is still less than the old “One Plan” that had unlimited data/tethering for initially £25/month (eventually discounted significantly).

It's hardly fair to increase prices for people tied into an existing contract whilst offering old prices to new ones.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

My plan only went up by 30p ;)

But then I only paid £12 (now £12.30) a month...
    ====
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Just seen a notice on the Three web site indicating the offer will end in 6 days... wonder if the new price will be £21?
  • tonygold
    tonygold Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    does anyone know if on this Three £20 'all you can use' sim you can tether unlimited in the EU (spain specifically) or whether there is a data cap on that? also i heard that data when abroad was only on 3g rather than 4g. is that the case?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tonygold wrote: »
    does anyone know if on this Three £20 'all you can use' sim you can tether unlimited in the EU (spain specifically) or whether there is a data cap on that?
    Our fair use policy.

If you have Unlimited allowances as part of your Plan or Add-on or a data allowance greater than 12GB, you may only be able to use a portion of your allowance at no extra cost in our Go Roam destinations each month, depending on where you are.

In our Go Roam in Europe destinations, you can use up to 19GB of your data allowance (15GB if on Pay As You Go) at no extra cost. Use over this fair use limit, is subject to a surcharge. There are no fair use limits for calls made or texts sent within our Go Roam in Europe destinations.
    also i heard that data when abroad was only on 3g rather than 4g. is that the case?

Depends on the roaming agreement, Spain has 4G roaming iirc,
    ====
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    <SNIP>also i heard that data when abroad was only on 3g rather than 4g. is that the case?
    We were in the Republic of Ireland recently and had 4G in places (well south of Dublin, so not on a Northern Ireland site), quite good speeds too (circa 50 Mb/s).

Was in Spain and Tenerife last year and only saw 3G on Three. Things may be different as that was 5 months ago.

As I type this, the £20 "unlimited deal" has a count down timer showing 2 hours before the deal ends...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure