Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning PLMBL,

Hope DH had a good night last night.

Its been horrendously windy here too, hate the wind xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks both, we got through ok. Verbatim, I don't ever think I'll catch up on my sleep :(.

Anyway, enough self pity! Today has been fine. Took boys to get their feet measured as DS2 had been complaining, but neither of them have grown so the shoes can last a bit longer :T. Had to leave DH and boys alone while I went to work as MiL had plans and my Mum was working. Thankfully all was well. It's a wonder I'm not grey with all the worrying!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah to no new shoes :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year Lucky. Sorry that you are a bit on tenterhooks with OH at the moment. But yeah to the no shoes bill. I am just going through the pain of new uniform so I am wincing alongside you.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi PLMBL, sorry to hear that OH has not been great recently.

Fantastic news about not having to buy shoes.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi all,

NSD today :j. Haven't actually been anywhere apart from dropping DS2 off at a friend's house for a birthday party and then picking him back up again. Other than that I've done a bit of ironing, decluttering, helping with homework, entering competitions and cooking!

DH has been ok today apart from a sharp stabbing pain in his head which comes and goes.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the NSD. Hope OH has a reasonable night and you get some sleep

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thinking of you xx
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Brizzle and Pooh, hope you are both well Xx

First of the month again! Debt calculations sit at £1970 with 0% deals running out at end of June and beginning of August. Will have to get my thinking cap on!

6 NSDs in January. Will aim for more in Feb. Today won't be one though as I'm collecting my Grandma's birthday present later :A.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi lucky - Glad that you are staying so positive.

With the 0% coming to and end do you have a B/card? if so you can transfer money and perhaps get a 0% on that? Its what my DH has been offered by them and I said we can pay off the outstanding balance and then only pay a 2.9% fee with 0 for 18 months! Good idea if you are running out of cards to try xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure