Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

Options

Comments

• gilbert_and_sullivan
    Options
    Oh dear the previous excellent service is going pear shaped.

Last month it proved impossible to enter meter readings on the website and telephone entered readings were ignored, hence a bill for twice the norm.
    To be fair they sorted it soon enough before they took the money.

This month they've got worse, same story, just had the bill for about 9 times the usual amount.
    Their estimate appears to think we use 208kwh at night every night.
    Wouldn't mind but i emailed them with the readings and an explanation, that was either lost in the ether or ignored, hopefully the former, so i've emailed them again just now via my own email, the first time used their website contact email and the website appears increasingly unfit for purpose, wonder if they got it from the same place as gov depts throw taxpayers money at for systems that don't work.

If only Zog provided electricity, sigh.

If this continues does anyone have the email or phone number of some big cheese at Robin Hood Energy, they started off so well so this is rather disappointing.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I entered my first meter reading since switching on the 7th Dec and the system accepted it OK.

Rang CS a minute later just to confirm it was showing on their system and it was.

The guy I spoke to also thanked me for entering the reading on the anniversary date of my switch rather than the timescale given in an email sent to me a week ago. He was well aware of the snafu in their system that causes estimated bills to be sent out if you enter a reading in response to the email and I told him I'd got this forum to thank for the advice to give the reading on the anniversary date.

Let's see if the bill is correct and the right amount is taken by DD in a few days time. Fingers crossed.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all,

Any update on this supplier, did they fix the issue gilbert and sullivan? did your DD come out as expected rogcal?

I had these in my mind to switch to for electricity but since reading here, i'm holding fire to see how i goes before taking the plunge.

Kev
  • rogcal
    Options
    So far so good.

Bill was correct and matched my own calculation exactly.

DD debit is due to be taken tomorrow which I expect to also be correct.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks, might still consider them :)

Kev
  • rogcal
    Options
    DD taken for the correct amount.

Only good experiences so far.:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I entered my reading for the Dec-Jan bill 24 hours early and when my bill was issued it had my reading on and not an estimate.

Maybe they have now fixed the billing bug where if you didn't submit the reading exactly on the billing date it would estimate it regardless.
  • MissST
    MissST Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 February 2017 at 11:11AM
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    The move went smoothly BUT I have had nothing but problems since.

I had a debt on my meter which had been cleared as I received a rebate when I switched from my old provider. For 20 weeks I have still been paying £6 a week extra.

I phoned numerous times to sort this out, they sent a key which would reset my meter.

A few weeks later I realised I was still using £6 electric a day.

Checked the meter and the debt was still there.

They said they'd need to change my meter and they'd send someone out.

I rang back a week later and they said the same. So they sent me an emergency engineer out that day.

The meter has been changed but I now have no heating. (Electric storage heaters)

My tariff isn't set up for E7 and I can't get it changed because I'm at work - they need a serial number before they can even send an engineer/fix the issue.

I have a young child and a crappy house which is stone cold.

I am owed for the countless weeks I have been over paying and not once have they seemed like they are trying to sort anything. They come across as lazy, disorganised and never reply to emails.

Considering switching again - the only saving grace is that there are no exit fees.

PS. Their website is crap.
  • Peak
    Options
    Footy guy, do you work for U switch or are you ideologically against not for profit companies?
  • Jander00
    Options
    Overall people on the phone have tried to be helpful but to be honest they cannot seem to resolve anything!

I switched to Robin Hood in November - all fine. They then asked for opening meter readings. The website broke when I tried to enter these, so I emailed them in. They ignored these and then estimated some very wrong numbers. Now I cannot ever enter in meter readings online because the true ones are below their estimated ones and it just gets worse and worse each month.

I spoke to them on the phone and they said they never got the email (I got the auto response so this is plainly wrong). This was over a month ago and they still have not corrected the readings with the correct ones I supplied. I've spoken to them a second time when I had to supply updated meter readings and they said it would be resolved within the next week but nothing has changed and I really have no confidence in them at this point.

So basically they made a mistake at the start but now seem incapable of fixing it. So based on my experience, I can't recommend them. This has a flow on effect as well because we have to pay Eon for the period before they took over and this is up in the air as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure