IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS - to reply or not to reply

Options
Kttyn
Kttyn Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 17 March 2017 at 7:52PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Before I start... I have read the stickey thread from start to finish... like 5 times :-( and every other thread about UKCPS on here.... there is a lot of info and it is very conflicting... I have the template letter to send them but before I do some advice please.

On the 5th Feb 2017 @ 9.30pm on a Sat night a driver parked in an area near where they work and went to work. There was a big blue P where they parked. they came out at 4am the next morning to one of those yellow packages with a fine... Turns out the very tiny writing under the big blue P was actually private parking.

I (as the keeper of the car) read through all the threads on here and with the bit saying they had been banned from getting info from the DVLA the keeper did as suggested and just ignored it.
Last week even though the keeper thought they could not find their address a letter came through their door 'inviting me to pay £100' ... Are they able to get a keepers info again?

Now what does the keeper do..... Do they send them the letter as the keeper asking them for photo eveidence / proof of loss to the area owner etc.. or do they just continue to ignore? they are so very confused.. Also does anyone have their email address if they do need to send them the letter as they cannot seem to find it anywhere

Thank you for all of your help

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 March 2017 at 3:58PM
    Options
    firstly ; edit the last post and remove the details of who may have done what

simply write THE DRIVER , or THE KEEPER , no mention of the word I (or ME , MYSELF or I)

people like UKCPS read forums like this one and even a numpty can take a screen shot

UKCPS gained access to the DVLA database again around dec 2016 , so they have had access for all of 2017 , so those threads about them being banned were months ago, in late 2016

you should send them the IPC template , once , using the method they state on their NTK

after that its ignore unless they issue court papers from Northampton

there is nothing "conflicting" at all

its appeal once , then ignore unless they take you to court

and there has been no "fine" , just a windscreen invoice , which should have then turned into a postal NTK after 28 days
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As above, edit your post NOW!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Kttyn
    Kttyn Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    How do you delete? Or edit. I can't find a button
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Kttyn wrote: »
    How do you delete? Or edit. I can't find a button

go to post #1 and its the left hand blue button under your post , marked EDIT

ALSO READ THIS SIMILAR UKCPS THREAD WHERE GOOD ADVICE WAS ALSO GIVEN RECENTLY

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619181
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport