Amazon vent and PRAISE.

Options
Signed up for the prime trial and before we could explore it fully the trial ran out. 5 minutes after they took the money, damn. Vent Over my fault etc etc..
I could blame the Brexit and anyone but me. I could blame the little one for not having a play to see if it was useful but its still my fault.

So prime was useful for a few next day deliveries, didn't really get to play much with whats available online content wise. Neither did we use the free books that keeps popping up.

Since they took the Prime fee though it appears to have sucked me in. Ordered more items for next day and even same day delivery when i found PrimeNow.. WOW how do they do that???
I ordered some stuff at 17:20 and it arrived at 18:32..

When buying stuff and prime is an option the get it today is well why not.. No extra charge to get it today.. Where are they keeping all this stuff to get it to me today? I can understand the grocery side from Morrisons which is 20 - 30 minutes away. But stuff like tools. Where is the Amazon warehouse in the Midlands area to get me stuff in a few hours?

Well and truly sucked in. Only using ebay for my Chinese orders at present, it seems easier to find that stuff on ebay.

What am i missing out on? Cannot wait for the drones to start delivering :)
Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Found Prime to be utter rubbish.

The TV side is bulked out with about 90% paid for content add another 5% of ancient stuff, 3% of stuff your not interest in and you can watch what you want in a few days leaving you 361 days with nothing. Get NETFLIX!

I'm happy to save £80 and wait an extra day not to mention that shopping around shows that Amazon are not as cheap as they want people to think they are.
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    I rather like Prime!

For me, it is worth the fee...which I 'share' with my Mum,

The prompt delivery given free to Prime subscribers is very useful - Mum and I both have disability issues and live in a town with very few shops...Amazon is terrific at birthdays and Christmas!

The TV/Movies seem to me to have a very good mix. Loads of stuff that I have no interest in watching...but plenty that I have enjoyed - without paying....Films (including a few fairly recent ones....brilliant for me as I can't go to the cinema!)...Documentaries...Stand Up Comedy...TV shows...Animated Films (Even some Disney films turn up on Prime from time to time)...and Amazon 'Exclusives' (I admit my 'guilty pleasure' was the Grand Tour!)....the free content changes frequently as some stuff is only free for a limited time - so you need to keep an eye on what is available.

I also listen to Prime Music...a really HUGE catalogue to listen to...I listen to Gospel/Christian music....Musicals...Jazz...Folk....Classical...and I have a collection downloaded - for free - that will take me all year and longer to listen to!

Maybe it is not for everyone...but Amazon Prime suits me.
  • thescouselander
    Options
    Prime is great. There's quite a bit on prime video which I watch and I use prime music daily. Prime photos is also a really good way of backing up photos taken on my phone too. Then there's the free delivery.

The £80 subscription seems good value to me.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Why do people keep insisting that they get 'free' delivery when they've given Amazon £80?

Have been backing-up my photo's etc to dropbox for years and have't paid them a penny.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where is the Amazon warehouse in the Midlands area to get me stuff in a few hours?

I think they may have a base in Worcester, I see it mentioned quite often as the point from which final deliveries to me (in Birmingham) are made.
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Options
    I cancelled Netflix and signed up for prime instead.
    Love the next day delivery, and enjoyed Sneaky Pete as well.
  • sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love Prime and have happily paid for years. I love the convenience of being able to get delivery the next day when I'm working from home rather than delivery being attempted on a random day when I'm likely to be at the office. Having ordered over 200 items last year, £80 is a small price to pay for the convenience factor.

Plus we get some music and TV content without paying any extra. No complaints here.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Worcester is over an hour away from here, so they wouldnt have been able to deliver in just 1h 12 min. Must be somewhere closer.

I know delivery is not exactly free, because if you do not choose prime in the search there are cheaper options. But choosing next day delivery and the cost of the item is cheaper (slightly). Not as cheap as choosing the saver delivery though.

The novelty of getting stuff the same day though, now that could be coming from Worcester? That suits my i want it now attitude.

Makes me wonder why i buy so much from China with a 2week+ delivery time :)

PS. Yep a Grand Tour fan also. But i have another source for that :X
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think Prime Video is all that great, I have a hard time finding much worth watching.

They moved a TV series I was halfway through watching from free on Prime to paid for. If I'd been more into it I might have complained as it really didn't seem very fair.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love Prime video and music use them pretty much daily.

The radio stations included in the music are brilliant and i love the like option which helps the app build up your taste and play you stuff you might not have considered before discovered a lot of new bands because of this

Prime video has had some great shows on their Outlander, Lucifer and I have just finished Sneaky Pete which amazing and I cannot wait for the next series

The option for next day delivery is really helpful to get stuff to my nan as we live quite far away so when I know she needs something I can order it and have it there pretty much straight away
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure