Amazon vent and PRAISE.

Options

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm happy to save £80 and wait an extra day not to mention that shopping around shows that Amazon are not as cheap as they want people to think they are.

But its not the wait a few extra days that sells it for me, its the fact that most of my orders are small value, under the £20 min for free delivery.

I more than get my moneys worth in what I would be paying to have my under £20 orders in delivery charges. I often opt for the normal 3-5 days delivery and get £1 movie credit to spend.

Yes items may cost a few pence less elsewhere but I don't want the hassle of signing up to loads of different companies when I can get everything from one place.

I love prime and think it is well worth the money we watch quite a few paid for movies (but free due to the credits I get) and many of the free ones.

I am thinking of buying a dot so I can make use of the music as well.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Worcester is over an hour away from here, so they wouldnt have been able to deliver in just 1h 12 min. Must be somewhere closer.

I was answering your question:

"Where is the Amazon warehouse in the Midlands area to get me stuff in a few hours?"

You can get to anywhere in the Midlands from Worcester in a few hours.
  • letsbehonest
    letsbehonest Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked my CC and Amazon have charged me for Prime I have never ever signed up for it. What's all that about? got a refund £79 but have to wait 5-7 days for it why? it's not my fault. malpractice methinks.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 11:24AM
    Options
    Why do people keep insisting that they get 'free' delivery when they've given Amazon £80?

If I didn't have Amazon Prime guess how much the postage would be for the amount of orders so far this year I have placed (and it's not even mid March yet) would have cost me?

Noname.jpg

Place your answer on a postcard please Mr_Singleton!

Also almost half of those have arrived the same day.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 March 2017 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Shrimply wrote: »
    I don't think Prime Video is all that great, I have a hard time finding much worth watching.

They moved a TV series I was halfway through watching from free on Prime to paid for. If I'd been more into it I might have complained as it really didn't seem very fair.

Did the same with 1 I watch, I wasn't far from the end.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    If I didn't have Amazon Prime guess how much the postage would be for the amount of orders so far this year I have placed (and it's not even mid March yet) would have cost me?

Noname.jpg

Place your answer on a postcard please Mr_Singleton!

Also almost half of those have arrived the same day.

Well to be pedantic. £0 with the free delivery option ;)
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Well to be pedantic. £0 with the free delivery option ;)

Most of the stuff wouldn't have qualified for free delivery if you're not a Prime member so it's a lot more than £0!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    Most of the stuff wouldn't have qualified for free delivery if you're not a Prime member so it's a lot more than £0!

But if you didnt have Prime. Would you have bought from Amazon or found it somewhere else?
  • neilio
    neilio Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a sports drink bottle a few weeks ago. I was out when Amazon attempted to deliver it. I received an email saying it was delivered successfully. I got home to discover no parcel anywhere in my safe delivery place (the front doorstep) nor a delivery card saying which neighbour it'd been left with. Nothing. I had been out for about an hour and I received the email about 10 minutes before arriving back home so I'd just missed them.

So, I thought they've either left it with a neighbour and not told me who, delivered it to the wrong address, or I've been incredibly unlucky and someone had stolen it from my doorstep in that short time.

Took me AGES to figure it how to speak to someone from Amazon on the phone, and after 40 minutes convinced them to refund me the cost of the order.

A couple of hours later, I noticed a parcel laying haphazardly on my first floor balcony at the back of my house. It then dawned on me that the Amazon delivery person had walked up the footpath along the side of my house and thrown the parcel over the fence, across my garden and onto my balcony. I didn't know if I should be angry that they'd disregarded what could've been fragile contents inside, or be pleased that I did in fact have the delivery and essentially didn't have to pay for it!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    neilio wrote: »
    I didn't know if I should be angry that they'd disregarded what could've been fragile contents inside, or be pleased that I did in fact have the delivery and essentially didn't have to pay for it!
    So you intend to keep the refund you have received, despite the item having been delivered?

You realise this is theft?

You should inform Amazon that you have in fact got the item and arrange to pay for it.

The fact that it took you 40 minutes to work out how to contact Amazon is completely irrelevant, as is the fact that the package contents could have been fragile. They weren't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure