Options

Comments

• Narola1976
    Options
    Great news about the pay rise!!
    Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
    Current Total = £25534.10
    33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!
  • dfw87
    dfw87 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Woo, another NSD!

I have a major Diet Coke addiction - seriously spend so much money on it. I quit buying it on Monday and I know that'll be saving me about £2 a day! I'll still drink it (I know about all the baddies in it... it's my one guilty pleasure as I hardly drink alcohol and I don't smoke!) but only if I am in a pub or something.

Today I got my wages in from my bar job - £47.27 straight to the savings account. I also got £5 from Swagbucks today so transferred that over to savings too. A cheque cleared in my current account so that's looking quite healthy.

Tonight I am working a bar shift - not sure why I agreed to that after a long week at work! But, it's 6:30-12ish so should be a nice little bit of money and hopefully some tips too.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
    Since 'lightbulb moment' on 9th July 2017:
    Loan: £1,670.25/£20,043.00 loan - 8.33%
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • mollymunchkin
    Options
    Well done on all your savings so far! I work in a school too and I'm volunteering tomorrow at an Ironman race, my shift starts at 7.30am! Glutton for punishment, lol
    Cos I don't shine if you don't shine.
  • dfw87
    Options
    Thanks Molly Munchkin!

The bar shift went well - I did 6 hours (my back felt it!!) so that should be £40.37 to come next Friday. I also earned a huge £25.55 in tips which I've kept in my purse but I have transferred the equivalent over from my current account to my savings.

Looking like I'll have a good amount left at the end of the month to go in to my savings too!

My boyfriend's family have asked me to go to skiing with them from Boxing Day to new year - hopefully I can go but also I know it'll cost me! They only want me to pay for my flights which will be about £100 but then there'll be renting equipment etc... I'll have to have a think about it!

Today I am going to see my Dad as he is off travelling for 6 weeks tomorrow. Then I am going to watch my bf play rugby and then I am off to a food and drink festival - I'll aim not to spend more than £10.
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • DancingUnicorn
    Options
    Well done on the payrise! Hope the food and drink festival wasn't tpo tempting.
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • dfw87
    Options
    Actually didn't end up going to the food festival as it chucked it down!

I spent £1 on a drink at the rugby, and then we went to M & S (my fave!) to get some things for tea - my bf paid.

Today, I did my Lidl shop which cost me about £20 for the week and means I shouldn't need to buy anything else this week. Sadly my car tyre is completely flat! That'll cost to get it sorted but at least I don't need to worry about where I'll get the money now - I feel so much more in control!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Options
    Another NSD day today.

Should have been a spend today as my tyre was supposed to get fixed but I stupidly took my key to work with me so my BF couldn't get it sorted! Whoops!

However, it did mean that I shared a lift to work with a colleague which saved me £5 of petrol. I would do this more often (obviously we would take it in turns) but, working in a school, sometimes we work completely different evening hours. She is the deputy head so has to stay later than me.

My BF said I can use his car which is a company one (family business) tomorrow so that's another £5 of petrol saved. I'll have to pay for my tyre though of course!

We said that I may be able to use his car once a week (I need to get used to it as it's an automatic!) - if I use is once a week, that's £5 a week saved. Potential of £25 a week, although I can't imagine I can use it every day. His family pay his fuel so it wouldn't cost either of us - bit cheeky!

Have made another £4ish from another survey site - will pay that into my savings when it comes in.
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • dfw87
    Options
    Not a NSD day by any account! Got my tyre replaced today which cost £40, plus a £15 call out fee. I also had to pay the £15 call out fee from yesterday - I forgot to give my BF my key so that is a very annoying charge!

Anyway, at least I had the money available! That would have usually gone on the credit card. I have saved 2 days worth of petrol. I got my payslip today and should have £40ish in my bank on Friday from my bar job. I also signed up to a small shift for Friday night - 5-9ish so every little helps!
    £2,350.62 in savings
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a teacher too, and now wanting out of the profession so need to stop spending and reduce my debt as much as possible.

I do some tutoring on the side and ask for £30 per hour via a website called first tutors. I get a few bits of work from it (one starting next week) so it can be lucrative.
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • dfw87
    Options
    Not a NSD today because I had a school trip. I got the train home which cost £4.80 - that's shot up since I last got the train! I also bought a drink and some socks and fairy lights (a present) in Primark which cost £5.

I bought my cousin the fairy lights as she is starting at uni - I would have usually spent about £20 at least on her and these only cost £2.50 - I'm making good changes!

Got home from work relatively early which was really nice! It meant I was able to do a couple of Prolific studies - I imagine I would have been at work otherwise. One for £1 and one for £3.10 - every little helps!

Tomorrow will be a NSD and Friday should be too. Friday I am out of school for the afternoon at a meeting and then that finishes at 3:30 - lovely early finish! So, I have said that I will do a 4 hour bar shift - I love my extra Friday payday!
    £2,350.62 in savings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills