Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well my gusto box has arrived and I'm very impressed.

Well at £3+ I'm impressed if I'd paid £30 I wouldn't be as chuffed.
    So tonight were having chicken chow Mein I've added a chicken fillet and some more mange tout but I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow's lunch.
    Dont think I will be getting a guosto box. I signed up via TCB bonus. But neither is tracking. I got an email to say my order will be delivered toda, but Gousto hasnt taken the money from my card. And I cant even log into my gousto account to check if I have an order there. Have emailed them several times and they just say there is a bug they are sorting. :mad:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    nova_dee wrote: »
    Hello,

A very good day to all... I am one of your lurkers but I haven't been for quite some time except for the time when fairfx was mentioned. I managed to buy the voucher from groupon but I wasn't able to go to fairfx as soon as I should because it asked for identification and I don't have internet access for the last week so it is only now that was I able to go back to their website. The £5 amount you can buy is now upped to £50. I don't mind spending the £20 to get a £50 everywhere card but my worries is can I use the everywhere card everywhere or where can I use the card? Is it an ordinary card like a credit card? Any advise will be very much appreciated - before I purchase :) Thanks in advance
    Havent used mine yet but was told by someone here that you can use them anywhere where mastercard is accepted.
    hth :)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    nova_dee wrote: »
    Hello,

A very good day to all... I am one of your lurkers but I haven't been for quite some time except for the time when fairfx was mentioned. I managed to buy the voucher from groupon but I wasn't able to go to fairfx as soon as I should because it asked for identification and I don't have internet access for the last week so it is only now that was I able to go back to their website. The £5 amount you can buy is now upped to £50. I don't mind spending the £20 to get a £50 everywhere card but my worries is can I use the everywhere card everywhere or where can I use the card? Is it an ordinary card like a credit card? Any advise will be very much appreciated - before I purchase :) Thanks in advance

I used mine in Lidl but anywhere you can use a MasterCard so no worries. Yes it's like a credit card and when you receive it you have to phone up and activate it and they ll ask some questions and then give you a PIN number. It's an automated service though.
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    Well my gusto box has arrived and I'm very impressed.

Well at £3+ I'm impressed if I'd paid £30 I wouldn't be as chuffed.
    So tonight were having chicken chow Mein I've added a chicken fillet and some more mange tout but I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow's lunch.

My box has also arrived & yes I am equally impressed but wouldn't pay £30 either - definitely won't be any left overs :D
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a posting tracker exercise. Or, at least the stuff I do is. Basically you spend your time posting little tracking chips to people, and receiving them in the post. It's not too time consuming and you get paid in stamps.

Or, everyone else might be talking about something different! I don't get any 1am emails. :o

Thank you! I've successfully registered.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my usual coffee, toastie & muffin at Costalot today, I had 3 Wonton codes, the guy on the till was training, and after I’d scanned two Wonton codes he passed me the receipt, and I left. Thought it odd so looked at the receipt he’d only put the coffee & muffin through.
    So I went through the drive thru and got another muffin and a caramel shortcake slice. Yumm!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Anyone doing the RM surveys - check the website now. I got the email at 1:05am, no invite there this morning or lunchtime, but just got on it now :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As
    she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his
    stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.
    After a moment or two, the vet
    shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles,
    has passed away."
    The distressed woman wailed,
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied
    the vet..
    "How can you be so sure?" she
    protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or
    something."
    The vet rolled his eyes, turned
    around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later
    with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on
    in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his
    front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from
    top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and
    shook his head.
    The vet patted the dog on the
    head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he
    returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also
    delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat
    back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and
    strolled out of the room.
    The vet looked at the
    woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most
    definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."
    The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and
    produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..
    The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "£150!" she
    cried, "£150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"
    The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it,
    the bill would have been £20, but with the Lab Report and the
    Cat Scan, it's now £150."
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    A v T
    2x Quality Street Chocolate Tub (720g) £8.00 N/A
    1x Cadbury Roses Chocolate Tub (660g) £4.00 N/A
    1x Celebrations Chocolate Tub (650g) £4.00 £5.00
  • mattswife
    Options
    will catch up in a bit but i got the Hobbs birthday candle email today (coz its my birthday yay) i emailed them to ask if they could possibly post it to me and id pay postage, they replied they would love to post it to me and asked for my address, no request for postage! an option if anyone every gets this a a gift choice. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure