Vodafone / BroadbandChoices / Amazon Gift Card

Options
Nanny2Nurse
Nanny2Nurse Posts: 108 Forumite
edited 30 May 2019 at 2:01PM in Broadband & internet access
In December 2018 I used BroadbandChoices .co.uk to find a new broadband provider. Enticed by the offer of a £75.00 Amazon (/M&S / Curry's) gift card offer, I signed up. This period has now passed and I've heard nothing.

I contacted Vodafone who have ignored two emails, I've contact BroadbandChoices and have heard nothing (although in fairness this was only recently) - and I've even contacted 'wegift.io' from whom the original email regarding the gift card and the 120 wait period was sent.

Has anyone else used this promotion and either received a gift card - or not ?

Thanks

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was with Vodafone very briefly (because the service was shocking). The only thing I can find relating to the giftcard (which I assumed I wasn't entitled too having left in the first month) was an email that said:

"If you have any questions or have not received your voucher 120 days after your purchase date, please contact customer.service@broadbandchoices.co.uk".

I assume that's the email you tried??
  • Nanny2Nurse
    Nanny2Nurse Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, they haven’t replied. I also emailed wegift.io who, if you check the headers of the email supposedly from Vodafone, is the actual sender. They did reply but only asking for a WEB number which I’m hoping is the Vodafone order WEB number that I’ve now sent them.

All this messing about is such a hassle. Vodafone need to take more responsibility for contracts they acquire which have incentives bundled - whether offered by themselves OR a third party.

Thanks for your reply.
  • Ray_Webber
    Options
    Hi, I took at call today from 'Reclaim Services' (PPI) regarding some old payment protection finance I took out years ago for a car I bought. This company had obtained my details from somewhere. Anyway they called me to say they had successful won my PPI claim and that I was due £3,639 payable by chq and £1,200 cash. They would need to charge me 10% plus VAT which is very low compared to most other PPI companies who charge 30%++

Anyway, an asian guy gave me a claim no, ref no and said that I would need to prove my ID to a guy who would call round to give me the chq and the money (sounds too good to be true right!). Amazingly this guy lived less than 1/2 hour away and was called Paul Wilson (quite a common name I hear you say). After proving my ID by way of a passport, utility bill or something else to Mr Wilson, he would release the chq and cash to me. However, during Mr Wilson's visit I would need to pay their commission using an Amazon Gift card (slightly, nay very unusual), its all about money regulations apparently (what a load of tosh!), so he said go out and buy a gift card and afterwards call Derek, their Accounts Mgr to conclude things. He would then instruct Mr Wilson to come to my property to release the chq and cash. So playing the game I waited 1/2 hour and called Derek (I'm sure that's not his name!) . He asked if I bought the card and told me to take it out the envelop and scratch off the silver strip on the back to reveal the numbers to him. Well if you know anything about gift cards, once you share these numbers, they will use them to purchase something and the card will be useless. Thus the scam is complete. Mr Wilson never arrives and you have just the value of the Amazon card, in my case it would of been £200.00 However, knowing this was a scam I let rip into him after pretending to had the cards and scratched off the numbers. I won't elaborate much but, scum bag, low life, get a job, loser, go jump off a bridge etc were a few of my comments. Praying on the vulnerable, which I am not, how low can a human being go???

I'm sure there are variations on the scam but I hope you get the gist....if its too good to be true it probably is and never pay strangers with gift cards
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Confused in what has your post got to do with broadband ??
    Or is something following on ??
  • mnbvcxz
    Options
    Well I guess both the post and the thread subject involve amazon gift cards?

So either someone is confused or he is a spammer building up some post history?
  • wrinx
    wrinx Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm another frustrated customer, joined Vodafone back in May and haven't received my voucher yet.

I sent an email back on 13th June asking for clarification about the length of time because there were two time-frames quoted - received a reply five weeks later, asking me to get back to them after the 120 day period.

Subsequently emailed on the 9th of October after not receiving the voucher...no reply to date so sent a reminder.

I'm smelling a scam where they must receive some benefit from Vodafone but don't issue the vouchers and hope people will get bored and move on with their lives.

Annoying that their FB page glows with how wonderful they are: https://en-gb.facebook.com/WeGift.io/

I'm off to complain to Vodafone about the poor performance of their affiliates now...

wrinx
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    wrinx wrote: »
    I'm another frustrated customer, joined Vodafone back in May and haven't received my voucher yet.

I sent an email back on 13th June asking for clarification about the length of time because there were two time-frames quoted - received a reply five weeks later, asking me to get back to them after the 120 day period.

Subsequently emailed on the 9th of October after not receiving the voucher...no reply to date so sent a reminder.

I'm smelling a scam where they must receive some benefit from Vodafone but don't issue the vouchers and hope people will get bored and move on with their lives.

Annoying that their FB page glows with how wonderful they are: https://en-gb.facebook.com/WeGift.io/

I'm off to complain to Vodafone about the poor performance of their affiliates now...

wrinx

Was just wondering if you emailed them on this email address (as stated in the T&Cs of the offer) ?

16. If you have any questions or have not received your voucher 120 days after your purchase date, please contact uk-vodafonevouchers@awin.com.

Just that my daughter is coming up to 120 days and hasn't had any email from them yet so just getting prepared to contact them once the 120 days is up.
  • pink_pirlie
    Options
    I signed up via the MSE link in June and I haven't received a voucher either.
  • wrinx
    wrinx Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 October 2019 at 11:45PM
    Options
    Well well...received a very terse response today stating the voucher link had been emailed to me the day after my email to them on 09/10. I emailed Vodafone as mentioned above, and used the email address quoted by Shedman to contact them directly, and used the contact form on the Gift.io page...so I can't be sure which route prompted the immediate response, but they replied from the email above.

Whilst I'm happy to have received the voucher today (and it's now banked in my Amazon account!) I'm not happy that I had to chase them and the fact that they've lied to me - I did not receive an email from them on the 10th - so my advice is to keep hassling until they come through.

wrinx
  • pink_pirlie
    Options
    I completed a form on the wegift website in July. Got a reply from the address Shedman listed more than a month later in July asking me to wait 120 days. I have emailed this again this week but with no response.
    Will try the web link again to double up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure