Cheapest Sky sport and bt sport ?

Options
Looking for the cheapest way to get sky sport and by sport. We don’t need any other channels or landline . Currently with virgin and can’t get the month bill under £90!
Any ideas ??

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Landline is part of a BB package.
    BT BB and landline not phone calls + BT Sport circa £40 pm
    Add Sky Sports + £30 pm /
    £70 pm
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    I do them both.. On Sky for the TV paying £40 (for entertainment and sports with box sets in HD) and pay £5 for BT sport on my EE mobile (dont want to pay £10 casting i can live without that!)

I know BT are doing a sale on their BT sport on sky package now at £20 month and sky do their sports at £45 so cheapest I would say is 65 if you want them all on the Tv.

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • japitts
    japitts Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dare say you're aware that VM bundle BT Sport into the Full House pack, but you've said you don't want any other channels so you're probably ok just taking bare basic TV and adding the two premium sports independently.

A quick play with https://store.virginmedia.com/configure-your-bundle brings that in at £55/month or thereabouts. That gives BT in HD but Sky only in SD, not sure if that's a problem or not.

I know the Virgin V6 box (which is the default these days) needs Virgin broadband to function, adding a basic 50Mb package brings your costs around £91. At that point Full House TV with inclusive BT Sport begins to look attractive.

This is a long-winded way of saying I'm not quite sure....
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your cheapest method to get Sky Sport / Movies etc is to use a KODI box |!!

Not that this is a suggestion or recommendation (because I do not use one)
    But it is the answer to your question
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If we are looking for the absolute cheapest then it's Sky Sports Mobile TV. The cost is £5.99p or for extra channels £10.99 per month. Good for phone and tablet but you won't be able to cast to your tv. Available for iOS but check that your Android device will support it.
    https://www.skysports.com/mobile/apps/9653846/sky-sports-mobile-tv

There's TalkTalk TV with Sky Sports but you also need TalkTalk broadband. Otherwise it's Sky or Virgin Media.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Above no BT Sport listed on that link.
  • merchcon55
    Options
    NOW TV is another option to consider.

The normal cost for Sky Sports is £33.99/month

But there are passes you can buy on ebay for less - or even you buy the NOW TV stick with a pass for £29.99 - then sell the stick for £15.

In August they had a "season pass" offer - pay for 10 months upfront at £189, so worked out at around £19/month.

You get all the different Sky Sports channels.

You can do deals with BT - I only have them for phone line and broadband, up to 80mB speed (wireless we are getting around 60mB speed), unlimited anytime calls and BT Sport for £36/month - based on an 18 month contract.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2019 at 4:49PM
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Above no BT Sport listed on that link.

The link is to Sky Sports Mobile TV app so I think we can quite safely assume that the Sky Sports Mobile TV app provides access to Sky Sports. But I checked and sure enough further down the page I see,
    Pack 1 is available for just £5.99 / €6.99 per calendar month. Cancel anytime.

Pack includes:

Sky Sports Action
    Sky Sports Arena
    Sky Sports Premier League
    Sky Sports News
    Sky News

and
    Pack 2 is available for £10.99 / €13.99 per calendar month and includes:

Sky Sports Action
    Sky Sports Arena
    Sky Sports Premier League
    Sky Sports Cricket
    Sky Sports Football
    Sky Sports Golf
    Sky Sports F1
    Sky Sports News
    Sky News

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as a lay person with limited knowledge about such things that looks to me like ... Sky Sports. But obviously no BT Sport.

Here's that link again for anyone who missed it the first time:
    https://www.skysports.com/mobile/apps/9653846/sky-sports-mobile-tv
  • TheCapster
    Options
    If it's just a method for watching the football, I might have a solution for you. No, it's not IPTV. It would be a sub from Optus Sports Australia. They cover Premier League, Champions League, Europa League. Cost is around £9 a month. Can be watched on iPad/iPhone/Android/ Apple TV/Nvidia Shield, PC, Mac etc. Let me know if you'd like a guide.
  • Compounder
    Options
    I was paying for Sky full hit with 2 boxes, HD BT Sprorts and Racing UK total was about £170 per month. On top of that I was paying for Pay Per View Boxing ebery now and again.

Now I get all that plus about 3000 other channels, completely legally for £30 Per month.
    Its that good I want to scream about it from the roof tops.

Oh forgot to mention get £7.50 saving everytime you share it. How's that for money saving?

I best signature off now sorry I mean sign off. ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure