• adventureofmemories
    adventureofmemories Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 8:36PM
    Options
    £110.00 In online banking today and £100.00 put in on friday. =
    £210
    £3.00 in my emergency fund
    Debt to fiancee - £404.00 (left to pay) | Save £12,000 in 2018 - £371.90 all together|2,018 items in 2018 (8/2,018)
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pickle, you are member #268 and HBL10, you are #269.

You are both welcome. Wonder if we will make it to 300 members.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Pickle, you are member #268 and HBL10, you are #269.

You are both welcome. Wonder if we will make it to 300 members.

I think we will:j. I remember you wondering if we would reach 100 members when you started the thread, patman and look how well it's going now:beer:
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started this challenge, did it for a bit, needed to use the money for an emergency and it never replenished it due to debt repayment. I'm going to join in again if you will still have me?

I should be able to get this money together in a few months. I may use it about mid year to pay down a credit card when the zero period enter runs out before I try to transfer it to another one to carry on paying it down (less balance transfer fee, if applicable, at the time), then I will build it back up again.

Happy saving, everyone!) :)
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £3.15 transferred today, not sure how much is in there but it won't be much.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    #269 checking in with a £78 refund moved to the Emergency Savings.
  • System
    Options
    Coming back to this thread after a dismal attempt last year as ended up needing the money for so many things. As you can see there isn't much in there at the moment, but hoping to get the total up soon. I am determined to be a lot more motivated at everything this year. Happy New year to you all.
  • System
    Options
    #269 - £2.92 from Quidco moved to the Emergency Savings - it now has 82.13 in it so a way to go yet!
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Must get my backside in gear and tx my TopCashBack rewards to my bank account so I can add them to my EF.

Also need to do the same with my NatWest rewards as well.

My mum's house insurance is due soon, so will renew that for her view TopCashBack to earn some money.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Car wouldn't start on Wednesday morning. Dead as a dodo:mad:. Not best pleased as I had an appointment. The car had started at the first turn of the key every time previously so I couldn't imagine it could just be the battery. I was dreading big expense coming up:eek:. My knowledge of what goes on under a car bonnet is zilch though:o

OH disconnected the battery and took it to the nearest battery 'shop' which is a trek in itself and they tested it and said it was kaput and beyond resuscitation. He brought a new one home, fitted it and everything is working fine now. He'd lent his jump leads to someone months ago and never got them back so was unable to jump start my car prior to getting it checked anyway so taking the battery in was the only option out in the sticks where we live. I'd had the old battery a good while and it was only a cheapie anyway. OH was thinking of buying one of those portable starter gadgets that do away with jump leads but even if we'd had one it wouldn't have been much help in this case.

Long story short (well. knowing me, not so short at all:o) OH bought me a lottery Lucky Dip ticket on his way home as a 'treat' because I'd been down in the dumps lately and it won £25 in that night's draw:j. Battery cost just under £50 but with my winnings it really only cost me £25. Big sigh of relief as I don't need to raid my EF which miraculously still stands at £1000:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback