Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Options

Comments

• matphil
    matphil Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I tried to unlock the ZTE 627 dongle but it didn't work. The 3 sim will still connect but my O2 one will not. I downloaded the rapidshare file from post 1 on here. In the instructions it says to Unzip file called “ZTE.zip”. I am not very familiar with rar's and cannot find that file. I have extracted the files that were on there but could not see that one. I have now downloaded it for a second time and still can't see the ZTE.zip file so have I already unzipped this or am I looking in the wrong place. I am at the stage where I am about to do the software update so should I carry on and try that again or have I gone wrong somewhere.
    Thanks.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you still using the connection manager that came with the '3' dongle?
    If so, that won't connect to the O2 network as this needs slightly different settings. I can't tell you if it's possible to change them as I've uninstalled the '3' connection manager and am using the one that comes in the downloaded .rar file (Telstra turbo). In that one you can set up several different configs ....

'3' needs ...
    Dial number = *99***1#
    APN = three.co.uk
    <leave everything else default>

O2 needs ...
    Dial number = *99***1#
    <leave everything else default>

Hope that sort-of makes sense, I have both working on my laptop, the '3' network is much faster than O2, but O2 is a better financial deal for me.
  • matphil
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried connecting using the Telstra turbo and it would not connect. Also I had been using my phone as a modem with my O2 sim and tried to connect through the O2 connection that is already set up and that wouldn't connect either although it still connects through my phone.
  • alanwsg
    edited 10 June 2009 at 1:53PM
    Options
    Have you got any credit on the O2 sim?
    If not, then only site that you can connect to is the top-up page ...
    https://mobilebroadbandaccess.o2.co.uk/authenticate

.. or maybe you have a contract O2 sim, rather than PAYG?
    If so you might need to enter a login name and password, which might be "web" and "password", and the APN might need to be "mobile.o2.co.uk".
  • matphil
    Options
    Yes there's credit on the O2 sim I am able to use it when connected through my phone. I thought that maybe the dongle might still be locked to 3, is there any way of checking if its unlocked or shall I do the software update again.
  • alanwsg
    Options
    I'm starting to get out of my depth here but ...
    When I unlocked my dongle the light now flashes blue instead of green (Which is what the Telstra help file says it should).
    Also, Telstra knows what make of SIM you put in (it says "O2 UK" or "3" on the status bar).
    And from the help file: "The connection manager displays 'Limited service'" when the modem is locked to a different network.
  • matphil
    Options
    Thanks for your help. When plugged in the light is still green although it does say that an O2 sim is inserted. I am getting the following message when I try to connect...

The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    matphil wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. When plugged in the light is still green although it does say that an O2 sim is inserted. I am getting the following message when I try to connect...

The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly.

Did you run the FlashUpdate.exe file?
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • alanwsg
    Options
    Yes, sounds like you never updated it.
    You need to remove the SIM, plug the dongle in, let it settle down and then run the FlashUpdate.exe file that you extracted from the .rar file.
    It takes a while to run: maybe 45 mins, DON'T interrupt it!
  • matphil
    Options
    Yes I did run the flashUpdate.exe file but I'll do it again now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure