Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Hairy

Your diet sounds very healthy.

I am very overweight and if I am honest, it's down to too large portions and then too regular large treats. As the weather improves though it is easier to control what I eat.

I have just read a few days of your diary and it has made me smile. I saw my ex today for a cup of tea during which he mentioned he had a pain in his left arm and he said he would get a doctor's appt sometime. So I made it for him and sent him a text. Oh and I ordered his repeat meds as well because I knew he would forget.

How stupid is that? But I can't turn off the feelings I have for him and it is just second nature to organise his meds etc.

I wonder if it is most men who feel this way about medication? It seems that often they get older and resent the whole getting older thing. But it sure beats the alternative.

So I think you both need time to come to terms with the changes that might have to happen. However it's easier said than done.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Love hearing about your Saturdays x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the sound of your Saturdays out HH. Could you swap your cider for a lower calorie alternative, eg spirit and diet mixer? That said, I prefer my glass of red to a G&T anyday - I sip the wine but could down the G&T in seconds.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pauline you are NOT very overweight - honestly.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It's not just men who get muddled with their meds.
    I forgot to order one as I thought I had another box so have had to cut dose meantime.
    Will speak to chemist on Monday to see if they can help. :mad: :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Hi Hairy

Your diet sounds very healthy.

I am very overweight and if I am honest, it's down to too large portions and then too regular large treats. As the weather improves though it is easier to control what I eat.

I have just read a few days of your diary and it has made me smile. I saw my ex today for a cup of tea during which he mentioned he had a pain in his left arm and he said he would get a doctor's appt sometime. So I made it for him and sent him a text. Oh and I ordered his repeat meds as well because I knew he would forget.

How stupid is that? But I can't turn off the feelings I have for him and it is just second nature to organise his meds etc.

I wonder if it is most men who feel this way about medication? It seems that often they get older and resent the whole getting older thing. But it sure beats the alternative.

So I think you both need time to come to terms with the changes that might have to happen. However it's easier said than done.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, take care honey
    Pauline

What I ate today is healthy Pauline, but I can't always keep it up :rotfl:. That is how I try to eat though.

Men do seem a bit helpless when it comes to sorting their health out. They seem to bury their heads in the sand. I hope your ex appreciates what you did for him.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Love hearing about your Saturdays x
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I love the sound of your Saturdays out HH. Could you swap your cider for a lower calorie alternative, eg spirit and diet mixer? That said, I prefer my glass of red to a G&T anyday - I sip the wine but could down the G&T in seconds.

:D

I usually only have cider once a week SA and I do like the taste. I'm not a massive fan of spirits. If I can stick to my eating plan then I will lose weight. If only stressful things didn't keep happening :(.

I know what you mean about downing G&T. I'm like that with cocktails :eek:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It's not just men who get muddled with their meds.
    I forgot to order one as I thought I had another box so have had to cut dose meantime.
    Will speak to chemist on Monday to see if they can help. :mad: :mad:

Oops beanie, hope you can get it sorted on Monday. It's an easy mistake to make :).
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I admit I use my online calendar to remind me about reordering meds as I do forget otherwise. I have found I am much better at taking my ucky powder in the morning if I put it ready in the glass the night before. It has the consistency of wallpaper paste and I hate taking it although it does help my stomach issues.

To be honest, I don't know if he appreciates the fact I sorted it for him. But I couldn't not sort it.

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning lovely,

Have a great day today xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing