* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    haven't been on in forever Can't believe how quickly this year has gone seems to have flown by and I haven't even started my xmas prep yet
    Hope everyone is doing ok

Dgd has her 1st xmas & 1st birthday within a week of each other so not sure whether to get her a bigger joint gift and then some smaller bits for each or to just buy for each one separately?

Same as me, I keep popping on, saying hi then disappearing again. Although technically I don't disappear, I still try to read the thread when I can but been so busy lately!

I saw your question about your dgd birthday & xmas. My nephew's birthday is a few days after Christmas and my sister has always asked us to keep things separate while he's young, so he gets 'his day' the same as everyone else who has a birthday earlier in the year. I get where she's coming from. Christmas is such a massive celebration, especially in our family, so his birthday probably wouldn't feel very special if we combined the both. I guess if there is something big that she wants/needs a combined present would make more sense if it's going to blow the budget. I'd discuss it with her mum & dad to see what they would prefer.

I don't think I've been much help there have I :rotfl: What I was trying to say was, have your dgd's parents said what they would prefer or are they quite laid back about it?
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

Aslo excited to see the new Emilia Clarke film that will be out for Christmas - LAST CHRISTMAS - think it is released on the 19th so it should be good to take the kids to see for christmas!

Have also decided to start penpalling too so am trying to find some nice Christmas cards ready to send to them - welsh Christmas cards seem to be dying out here in South Wales which is so sad to see as I love sending them[/COLOR]

Ooh I like the sound of a new Christmas film, I'm going to look for the trailer now!

There's some cute Welsh Christmas cards on Etsy, although they would probably add up quickly if you have a lot to buy. Could you make some yourself? We made some Welsh cake recipe cards a few years ago when we went on a Disney cruise and took part in a gift exchange, it was so much fun to do and I love the idea that somewhere in a far off country somebody might be making welsh cakes :)
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    I bought my first tin of sweets and it is a tin! 2kg of quality street for £11.60, got them in Costco, so happy bunny :j
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • doodygirl
    doodygirl Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi fellow Christmas-aholics ��
    I thought I’d share this cute book advent calendar I’ve pre ordered for my kids. I’ve never seen them before and it works out less than a pound a book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Storybook-Collection-Advent-Calendar/dp/183852634X/ref=sr_1_2?crid=XMYHGQGY2Y69&keywords=disney+advent+calendar&qid=1566331621&s=gateway&sprefix=Disney+advent%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-2
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2020 ☘️
  • Opee92
    Opee92 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doodygirl Aldi sold these last year and DD and DS absolutely loved it! It’s a really good size too!
  • Jewels1207
    Options
    I sat last night and wrote lists for all the items for hampers I'll make for the couple's. I found a netmums thread which had pages of ideas and it had a link back here to MSE for even more ideas. Even tho I've not bought anything yet I feel super organised as I have a plan of what I need. I always say half the battle is knowing what to buy. Feel so Christmasy already even though I've not bought a stitch!
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sainsburys had 25% off some fortnite sets today so picked up a couple off Taz's list - Cheapest I've seen since I started looking
    they also had roblox sets on offer

Ds has mentioned a couple of ps4 games that are coming out so will keep an eye open for offers on those. Last few years I've managed to get at least one game they've asked for using the nectar double up but wondering if they are going to do it this year as they haven't really done any of the usual point promos.

Anyone ever ordered clothing from china? ds has mentioned an anime hoodie but all the sellers I can find seem to be from china.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought my first tin of sweets and it is a tin! 2kg of quality street for £11.60, got them in Costco, so happy bunny :j

Thanks for the heads up
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Talking of Christmas sweets my dad rang me today to tell me Tesco have the tubs of Roses/Quality Street/Heroes/Celebrations in for £4

In other news had a BIG comp win! Waiting for further details but basically will be provided with a list of 100 options including days out, tech items and tickets for events and I get to choose options up to £2k! Totally blown away just hoping the options suit us or that can pick bits that can be used towards Christmas.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wow stokie,result,well done.

Mandco,my eldest daughter has bought clothes from China.She is a size 12 and a large skirt was more like an 8 or 6.If they have measurements rather that SML etc it would help you get the right size.
    Too much trouble to send stuff back.

Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills