"Complete Savings" scheme

Options

Comments

• antimanu
    antimanu Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    stemcgoo wrote: »
    Well as a happy customer of webloyalty, if they need any witnesses in their defence I will happily stand up.to testify that they do indeed provide good value for people who can and do read plain English in the contracts that they sign!

I also used them, I've made over £150 with £90 expected next month in cashback on purchases I would have made anyway via Currys, Expedia, Booking.com and Jet2.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not technically a scam. I've signed up to them and a few sister companies. Got the £15 intro, and 2x £10 per month (signed up mid-month) and then cancelled before the end of the trial.

They prey on people forgetting they signed up. They, technically, shouldn't offer refunds in this instance as you did sign up and click "agree" on the T&C...
  • dreggie15
    Options
    I have only realised today that Complete Save have been taking £15 a month from my credit card since August 2015. I found it when I was looking for something else. I called them and spoke to a nice lady and it appears that I had signed up after buying something from JD Williams and didn't cancel it!!! I wasn't aware of having it and haven't used any vouchers so I'm hoping to get all my money back. I am usually very wary of these things but I hadn't realised I had signed up for anything. This is something that folk need to be informed of. If you sign up for a trial and don't cancel it the company will keep taking money from your account until you cancel. Something needs to be done about these practices. It should be made illegal to do this over the Internet without them sending letters to your address. If I had got a statement through the post I would have questioned it because I can't remember ever receiving any emails from them.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dreggie15 wrote: »
    I have only realised today that Complete Save have been taking £15 a month from my credit card since August 2015. I found it when I was looking for something else. I called them and spoke to a nice lady and it appears that I had signed up after buying something from JD Williams and didn't cancel it!!! I wasn't aware of having it and haven't used any vouchers so I'm hoping to get all my money back. I am usually very wary of these things but I hadn't realised I had signed up for anything. This is something that folk need to be informed of. If you sign up for a trial and don't cancel it the company will keep taking money from your account until you cancel. Something needs to be done about these practices. It should be made illegal to do this over the Internet without them sending letters to your address. If I had got a statement through the post I would have questioned it because I can't remember ever receiving any emails from them.

"if i got a statement through the post...." So going paperless on your credit card bill is their fault?? And they should underwrite your stupidity?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do the Banks get the money back from the recipient banks after they have refunded the fools who don't check their bank statements regularly, don't check which direct debits they have set up, who tick anything and everything without reading the T&Cs?

If they don't then guess who is subsidising these people. It won't be the shareholders, the company directors with their massive salaries, their dividends, their huge pensions. No, it is the other customers whose little benefits have been gradually eroded, the staff who are made redundant, cuts in services.
  • lovehols
    lovehols Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    My elderly mother just noticed two £15 transactions. Took me being detective and looking at her internet history (thank God she hardly used the computer as she isn't tech savvy) to put the link between her doing her first ever online shop to this company. Mum thought it was actually linked to Debenhams and didn't realise it was a third party. Really poor, emailed a complaint.

Mum now refusing to use computer again, really knocked her confidence. Grrrrr
  • nemo183
    nemo183 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    The cunning thing they do is to make themselves look like part of the retailer's process. I naively thought they were part of Argos when I was swindled. They also failed to give me the immediate discount I was promised.
  • TheCardcan
    TheCardcan Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I purchased a trainline ticket and seemingly applied for a voucher which I never received nor did I receive any clues regarding what it was about.
    Yes. I was in the process of paying trainline so wasn't surprised at all at having to give my bank details. As for the small print, it is small for very good reasons in that people with less than 20 20 vision want to fend for themselves and yet may not even have seen the small print let alone read it.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TheCardcan wrote: »
    I purchased a trainline ticket and seemingly applied for a voucher which I never received nor did I receive any clues regarding what it was about.
    Yes. I was in the process of paying trainline so wasn't surprised at all at having to give my bank details. As for the small print, it is small for very good reasons in that people with less than 20 20 vision want to fend for themselves and yet may not even have seen the small print let alone read it.
    As an aside, can I suggest you avoid using the trainline and their fees?

All the train operating companies sell exactly the same tickets as the trainline and do not charge a booking fee, nor a credit card fee, and most do not charge for postage either.

You may even find some tickets cheaper on the train operator's website.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TheCardcan wrote: »

The link is after you pay for your tickets.

If you don't have 20 20 vision you would surely increase the magnification on your screen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure