IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Co-op cel

Options
dumday
dumday Posts: 16 Forumite
edited 25 September 2017 at 6:01PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
My Sons car got a p c n from civil enforcement ltd , whilst at the co-op . which he decided to ignore,or forget . because he wasn't the driver , he has since moved out and gone to university . The second letter he got was returned to sender without opening . He has now received a third letter which was opened , and they are now demanding £140 within 14 days or the matter will be put in the hands of debt collectors and the courts . I have read about various appeal times but by the looks of things that root has gone . I have been on other sites and been advised many different ways to tackle this . So at this late stage what would you suggest ? Thanks for any advise

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CEL and the Co-op ????

Read up on the disgusting behaviour of CEL

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=CEL
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    When did this parking event take place? The Coop and CEL had a very acrimonious 'divorce' more than two years ago. I'd be amazed if the Coop is back in bed with them!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Was not the Co-op contract with a third party?

Whatever happened to these 50 cases?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/cel-turn-up-to-court-50-cases-of.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they disappeared , never to be reported on , the court involved will not give any info
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    they disappeared , never to be reported on , the court involved will not give any info

Or they were discontinued. (My guess)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MONEY MONEY MONEY .... someone paid
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2017 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Or they were discontinued. (My guess)

no they were not discontinued

Civil Enforcement Limited v Curtis A93YM708

this was a test case , and demanded by the judge , CEL could not simply "discontinue "
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 September 2017 at 10:48PM
    Options
    I reckon settled, with a gagging clause. As you say = MONEY.
    dumday wrote: »
    My Son got a p c n from civil enforcement ltd , whilst at the co-op . which he decided to ignore,or forget . because when he tried to get a ticket the machine wasn't working , it has happened at this store before...he has since moved out and gone to university .

The second letter he got was returned to sender without opening .

He has now received a third letter which was opened , and they are now demanding £140 within 14 days or the matter will be put in the hands of debt collectors and the courts . I have read about various appeal times but by the looks of things that root has gone .

I have been on other sites and been advised many different ways to tackle this . So at this late stage what would you suggest ? Thanks for any advise

Was the PCN a postal one? If so, I would be tempted to reply (as you) saying that letters have arrived which relate to the keeper of VRN xxxxxx but in fact he lives at (Uni address) so they will need to send him a PCN at his address and cease writing to your home.

Don't say who was driving, don't write an appeal just write (email in fact) as you, saying the above.

If the first PCN was a postal one then CEL *should* send him a new PCN to his Uni address, which means he can then appeal as if it was at the start. And tell him not to talk about the machine not working (surely Co-op car parks were free?) and not to imply who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    no they were not discontinued

Civil Enforcement Limited v Curtis A93YM708

this was a test case , and demanded by the judge , CEL could not simply "discontinue "

perhaps , but this was a test case , all other cases depended on the outcome , the judge demanded it , I dont see how it could be "settled" , as hundreds of potential cases were involved at those sites , many were non coop customers , and in a lot of cases the coop did not know of those cases , see http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71563064#post71563064 for example
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • dumday
    dumday Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2017 at 7:02AM
    Options
    I have been advised on other sites , to take this route .....
    The registered keeper . sends a letter stating.. 1.They don't have a contract with the co op 2.they have no rights to make a claim 3.they have not created keeper liability 4. They are chasing the wrong person 5. The amount claimed is in breach of the POFA and consumer contracts law. These can't get there act together , with paperwork etc , and threaten you with court but never turn up . Would appreciate any input, about this particular situation ... Don't know what's happened in the past . PS. ANPR Ticket about a month a go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure