Missy, May and Roo Living on as little as possible!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    Ok managed to hang the washing put the bins out and do the babies beds. Still so much to do!

Does it have to be done today?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok need to find some motivation from somewhere to paint.
    Not the end of the world if you don't. Be kind to yourself.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 June 2018 at 7:50AM
    Options
    Ah thanks for the kind words. I decided that some things could wait. So I did 2 hours of painting.

Everyone will be having porridge for breakfast, I have left over chilli for lunch and shepherds pie for dinner.

Have lots more painting to do. It really helps if I break things down into smaller sections and having a distraction, so I had the tv on. And I only gave myself the chimney breast and the cutting in of one wall. I will try and roller one wall and cut in the other today.

Just trying to get smalls ready for school. Need to go to Aldi and get some sweet potatoes today.
  • missymoo81
    edited 12 June 2018 at 10:10AM
    Options
    I used to do a challenge of live on £10 a week. But that was for a different diet and often Im cooking for 4 now instead of 3. I wonder if I could bring it in at £30 a week for future?? Worth thinking about....
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Ok been the gym, done lots of work and found out from the accountant what I have to do to sort benefits out. I am having a very rare half an hour of peace. Im sitting watching friends and drinking tea. Got to pick babies up in half an hour from school.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Ok ended up spending £6 yesterday, of which I had to raid the 5p jar for as couldn!!!8217;t find my bank card! Got sweet potato, milk, chopped tomatoes, passata, bananas, biscuits, salad, tomatoes, onions and apples and cheese! So not bad!
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How are things missy?

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How's it going Missy?
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hi miss shoes and wannabefree, thank you so much for checking in with me. Well Money is still super tight, am Moving house soon, so bills should go down but so will my tax credits. Have been shopping in Aldi, and this last week making sandwiches for lunch instead of buying them, and buying whole chickens and streeeetttccchhhiiinnng them. But wow summer holidays are already causing me issues. No free school dinners and everything seems to cost an absolute fortune! And they are already driving me crazy. The first few days were too hot to come out and now it!!!8217;s pouring with rain! Have dragged them off to soft play this morning just to get some sort of peace. So I have my earphones in listening to the archers! Going to go to Aldi in a bit and get a chicken to cook for Sunday lunch. Need to do some washing and hoover in a bit.
    Shopping list:
    Milk
    Bread
    Cheese
    Chicken
    Potatoes
    Veg
    Cereal
    Tuna
    Honey
    Porridge
    salad bits
    Bananas
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was hoping things had got slightly easier for you

You know where I am if you need anything, even if I haven't been posting PM's come through to my email so I'll always pick it up

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure