Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,474 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bumblebear wrote: »
    Can I join in too please? I followed the 2016 thread with interest for the last couple of months :)

I've got a bit of an odd target - I do not NEED anything. I reckon I'm even OK for underwear for a year. However, we are trying for baby #1 and if successful, my wardrobe isn't going to be much use (I'm an 8-10 and only have a few "loose" things :undecided ). Therefore I'm going to say a budget of £250 to be spent on maternity/nursing/post-natal clothes only (obviously only in the event of actually getting preggers, otherwise it's just weird...)

My biggest worry is that I buy something to cheer myself up when nature takes its time, or doesn't work at all. I do have a £20 Next voucher and could do the "£10 off your first online order" thing which would give a £30 budget, and I get M&S vouchers from my credit card (at 0% APR of course). If it really all does get too much, then I would use them or money made from eBay sales.

The third part of my challenge is remembering my target and updating at some kind of regular interval!

Of course you can; you are number 14.

You can use the challenge to help you stick to zero of general spends as well as to the £250 maternity target.

Good luck :)

Kim
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Good to see you back for this year Jellie; you are number 12. Best of luck with the craft element, birthday cards are about my limit.

Need to do better at point 4 myself next year!

Thanks Kim and thanks for running the thread.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Bumblebear
    Options
    Thank you :) Is it odd that I'm already panicking? :)
    Debt free as of 28/03/2017 (just don't ask about the mortgage :rotfl:)
    Lover of sewing and biscuits, hater of traffic jams and credit cards
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £0/£5,670
  • PurpleJay
    Options
    Hi, can I join in please?

My target is £300 for the year.

This can be increased using spending from Ebay/other sales which will hopefully encourage me to sell.

I am joining slimming world on 3rd January and will not buy any clothes until I have lost 1 stone.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bumblebear wrote: »
    Thank you :) Is it odd that I'm already panicking? :)

Not at all!
    I really struggle with trying to set budgets- I fluctuate between thinking I'll do hardcore zero spending and a more realistic goal. I decided to settle somewhere in the middle.
    Budgets make me panic automatically so I often follow my spending rules betters than budgets (partly because I've not been great at tracking spending so far!)
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Kim_13
    Options
    PurpleJay wrote: »
    Hi, can I join in please?

My target is £300 for the year.

This can be increased using spending from Ebay/other sales which will hopefully encourage me to sell.

I am joining slimming world on 3rd January and will not buy any clothes until I have lost 1 stone.

Welcome to the challenge PurpleJay, you are number 15.

Good luck :)

Kim
  • Kanoona
    Kanoona Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Is it possible to change my budget please :)

I originally said £600 for me and 3 children but I've realised that's £50 a month and that's extravagant for me lol

So I'll say £300 for us all for the year xx
    Pay off all your debt 2017: £3500/£0
    Clothing Challenge 2017: £600/£0
    Sealed Pot: £0 Virtual Sealed Pot: £0
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge, please, but it will be easy for me as I'm a slob, ahem, am not even vaguely interested in fashion :rotfl:

I've just bought a pair of boots that will see me through until warmer weather, I will need to replace my flip flops this summer and I will be needing a cheap pair of trainers so my budget for the year looks like this:

Flop flops £5 tops
    Trainers £15 tops
    Socks £3
    Leggings X 2 £10

So a grand total of £33.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Kanoona wrote: »
    Hello

Is it possible to change my budget please :)

I originally said £600 for me and 3 children but I've realised that's £50 a month and that's extravagant for me lol

So I'll say £300 for us all for the year xx

No problem, all changed.
  • Kim_13
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    I'd like to join this challenge, please, but it will be easy for me as I'm a slob, ahem, am not even vaguely interested in fashion :rotfl:

I've just bought a pair of boots that will see me through until warmer weather, I will need to replace my flip flops this summer and I will be needing a cheap pair of trainers so my budget for the year looks like this:

Flop flops £5 tops
    Trainers £15 tops
    Socks £3
    Leggings X 2 £10

So a grand total of £33.

Have added you, you are number 16. Budget seems suitably challenging, even though not interested in fashion. Good luck with the challenge :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure