Approved food discussion thread

Options
hi guys!

this is a new thread ONLY for what you have tried and liked or for comments about ingredients for people allergic / sensitive to new ingredients.

i thought it was about time we started a new thread which is NOT complaining about delivery times etc.

so... to start off with my faves are as follows:

cadburys choc melting pots - had two orders so far!
night and day coffee - got about 15 x 250g in stock - love it and have given some to mum
peanut butter - only got 6 jars but oh is so pleased
nutella - great for a quick choccy fix!
splenda sweetner - fantastic for oh as diabetic
satay chicken - trying it out tomorrow but looks good (and i used to work in a chinese resturant!)

so this thread is JUST ABOUT THE FOOD!!! please no nasty comments - lets just talk food (my fave subject!)

thank you to all :D
loki x
it's nice to be important but more important to be nice!! :kisses3:

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh huge jars of Nutella for cheap as chips! Haven't dared open the second one in case it disappears as quick as the first!
    Crosse & Blackwell Pasta n Sauces and Savoury Rices are fab!
    Satay chicken pack - bought for OH not yet tried it but I think he's drooling! Includes everything but the chicken!
    The Wrigleys Orange Sugar Free gum - god that stuff tastes good!
    Treacle tarts - YUM!
    Sage & Onion stuffing - fantastic stuff.
    Diet Coke Plus - hadn't tried this before but excellent value!
    Kidney beans - double sized cans - good thing we love chilli! :grin:

All at a great price! Luv ya Dan :kisses3:
  • princess_loki
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    Diet Coke Plus - hadn't tried this before but excellent value!
    All at a great price! Luv ya Dan :kisses3:

got a load of this for oh - got vitamins in too - his fave and with extra vits will be good when he get out of hospital!!!
  • denton6
    denton6 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The satay chicken is great,didnt use the onion in it though.made the chicken breast very tender and even my two little ones liked it without the satay sauce on there's.Pop corn was nice very large tubs. great buys all round
    wendy x
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    big squeezy tubs of marmite

yum yum
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh yes, I forgot about the Marmite! I use it as stock (less salt!) so will last me ages, but I'm sure I ordered two....:confused:
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i thought the kidney beans were great and the bottles of coke...they will last a while
    onwards and upwards
  • princess_loki
    Options
    denton6 wrote: »
    The satay chicken is great,didnt use the onion in it though.made the chicken breast very tender and even my two little ones liked it without the satay sauce on there's.Pop corn was nice very large tubs. great buys all round

i have just used my reduced chicken and put it in all in with the sauce and frozen it!! got the other bits and the skewers ready so we can have it next week - just had to freeze because chick was reduced! smells [EMAIL="bl@@dy"]bl@@dy[/EMAIL] nice though!
  • princess_loki
    Options
    denton6 wrote: »

hope you used the onion for something and didn't throw it - dried onion is good in spag bol and shep pie!
  • tricki1
    tricki1 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Not got order through, but thought could offer dietary information for a few items to save people having to look them up themselves.

Barkat - Biscuits - Coffee Flavoured
    Free from Gluten, wheat, and milk. Suitable for vegetarians
    http://www.glutenfree-foods.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=130

Full of Beans range
    Afternoon energy Mix and Power mix are suitable for vegetarians and Vegans
    Yoghurt Banana, Yoghurt Raisins and Milk Chocolate Raisins are not due to use of shellac as a glazing agent.
    http://www.fullofbeansltd.com/

Love hearts.
    Suitable for vegetarians,. Free from artificial colours
    Product Allergies Summary
    All our products are free from the following: Cereals containing Gluten (i.e. wheat, rye , barley, oats, spelt, kamut or their hybridised strains) crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, nuts i.e. almond, Hazelnut, Walnut, Cashew, Pecan nut, Brazil nut, Pistachio nut Macadamia nut and Queensland nut, celery, mustard, sesame seeds.
    https://www.lovehearts.com/swz_allergies.asp

Fox's Rocky Chocolate and Rocky Caramel
    Contains cows milk, Soya, Wheat, Gluten. Suitable for vegetarians, made in a factory containing nuts.
    http://www.foxs-biscuits.co.uk/

I'll do a few more tomorrow, getting a bit late and I have to go out early in morning.
  • princess_loki
    Options
    tricki1 wrote: »
    Not got order through, but thought could offer dietary information for a few items to save people having to look them up themselves.

Barkat - Biscuits - Coffee Flavoured
    Free from Gluten, wheat, and milk. Suitable for vegetarians
    http://www.glutenfree-foods.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=130

Full of Beans range
    Afternoon energy Mix and Power mix are suitable for vegetarians and Vegans
    Yoghurt Banana, Yoghurt Raisins and Milk Chocolate Raisins are not due to use of shellac as a glazing agent.

Love hearts.
    Suitable for vegetarians,. Free from artificial colours

Fox's Rocky Chocolate and Rocky Caramel
    Contains cows milk, Soya, Wheat, Gluten. Suitable for vegetarians, made in a factory containing nuts.

I'll do a few more tomorrow, getting a bit late and I have to go out early in morning.

thank you!! hopefully this will be a far more useful thread JUST ABOUT THE FOOD than the other one where it seems people just complain!!

(i still want beans!) for skint catt as well as me!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport