MMD: Would you tell a charity shop that a Chloe bag was under-priced?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• ryouga
    ryouga Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    Only read page 1 but it depends, I might tell them but I dont like the way many charities are run with the big managers getting paid whilst shop staff volunteer, and in your face guilt trip advertising.

Certain charities like Shelter and id tell them right away since they helped me.
  • joyce341
    joyce341 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I worked voluntarily to help in a charity shop,was not allowed to buy anything untill it was on the shop floor,originaly these were a great help for people struggling,now they seem to charge quite high prices,for example one today had a second hand pram for £150,car boots are more fesible nowdays when looking for bargains,we have seven where i live,i do search and get the odd bargain,no which ones are more reasonably priced.
    if they lowered their prices i,m sure they would sell more,i.e i would happily spend £5 on a few articles but not pay £5 for one only,do others agree.
    Joyce
  • JesaRose
    JesaRose Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It totally depends on the item concerned - £5 for a Primark top is ridiculous but £5+ for a designer top is a bargain compared to the RRP
    Not been here in years! Hi everyone. Make £10 a day challenge = £78.45/155
  • Tiglet
    Tiglet Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Charities have to walk something of a tightrope in terms of pricing. On the on hand, nobody will buy from them if they don't offer a bargain. On the other, they have to get a fair price for the items donated because people won't donate decent stuff if it's going to be given away for pennies.
  • Homeagain
    Homeagain Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Charity shops make me so cross. It's all a rip off now. I was in a certain one (not sure if I am allowed to mention the name) and they had T-shirts for 2.00 each, across the road was another shop selling new similar items for 1.50? I have to say, its not like it used to be,especially as they seem to have 'tarted' them all up. Why should I pay so much more for something that is worn, 2nd hand and no great bargain anyway. I'm done with charity shops, give me a boot fair any time.
  • welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did find a Chloe bag in a charity shop and I did buy it (£20 ) I presumed it was a decent fake. Now I've got it home and checked it out it appears its real !
    YAY I'm very happy
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    i would definately snap it up....in one charity shop i went in there were a couple of primark tshirts priced at £3-99....they were selling at £1-50 brand new in primark....:question:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure