purchase - lost in transit

Options

Comments

• dldbsl
    dldbsl Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Do you know if he insured the parcel? (Ultimately not your problem, but it would make HIS claim easier to get his money back).

As said previously, if he's going to adopt a "slopey shoulders" approach then you'll have to get "legal" with him.
    hi - i dont know if it was insured or not. when P2G quote they give 2 quotes - with or without. i think its likely that the cheapest was chosen. Just a pity chose wrong courier ie Yodel - theyre a disaster.

research on P2G / Yodel compensating for non delivery shows they will do anything to avoid paying up - terms / conditions they rely on are usually unfair and when they do pay out its a fraction of what the item is worth. People usually have to take to court and they rarely pay up from email threats.....but this would be the sellers problem...

In my situation its simpler pursing the seller than the seller pursing P2G.....
  • timbstoke
    timbstoke Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As others have said, stop worrying about whether P2G/Yodel are going to do anything. It's not your problem. You are due a full refund from the seller, any insurance or claim arrangements he has with his chosen courier are for him to sort out separately.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    timbstoke wrote: »
    As others have said, stop worrying about whether P2G/Yodel are going to do anything. It's not your problem. You are due a full refund from the seller, any insurance or claim arrangements he has with his chosen courier are for him to sort out separately.

OP, this is all you need to know. It doesn't matter one bit whether item was insured or not, if seller cannot get the item to you then he needs to refund. It is just a shame that you chose to risk a bank transfer.

Just carry on as advised, ask outright for a refund, if necessary speak to admin on the website and google a letter before action (assuming you have researched the name and address to ensure it looks correct). It is also worth keeping screen shots of anything online in case it goes to court.

Otherwise don't get sidetracked with any discussion about P2Go or insurance - it is completely immaterial.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dldbsl
    edited 1 November 2018 at 5:39PM
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    OP, this is all you need to know. It doesn't matter one bit whether item was insured or not, if seller cannot get the item to you then he needs to refund. It is just a shame that you chose to risk a bank transfer.

Just carry on as advised, ask outright for a refund, if necessary speak to admin on the website and google a letter before action (assuming you have researched the name and address to ensure it looks correct). It is also worth keeping screen shots of anything online in case it goes to court.

Otherwise don't get sidetracked with any discussion about P2Go or insurance - it is completely immaterial.
    understood soolin - just answering question where asked - rude not to!

But advice Ive had from you has been so speedy and...brilliant
  • dldbsl
    edited 3 November 2018 at 8:43AM
    Options
    this is a response I received from another senior member of the xxxxxxxxx owners forum:

................................................................................................
    xxxx is a highly respected member on this group. The problem seems to me, to lay with the courier. I’m sure Mick is trying to get to the bottom of this with the courier company too. He wouldn’t want this to have happened either. Posting this on the open forum I feel is not good practice. This is something between you and xxxx to resolve. The forum does not hold responsibility for any sales on the Group.

.................................................................................................
    my additional thread:

This is an update to my original post 12/9/18 asking if anyone had a xxxxxx wheel for sale as a spare.

Well a member came to my aid and we had a pleasant phone conversation, exchanged details agreed a price and then I made a bank transfer to xxxxx. All is well and he arranges delivery to me by courier.

Unfortunately after being collected by courier a few days later by Yodel - the wheel was lost in transit and never arrived.
    I contacted the courier but was told to contact the seller (with whom they had the contract) and get them to initiate a lost parcel claim.

Ive been patient throughout the last 6 weeks and have sought advice on my rights in this 'private sale'.
    Ive contacted xxxxxxx asking for a full refund which Im entitled to as the wheel has never been received but have had no response.

I just thought forum members should be aware of my problem and the risks when looking to purchase something from another member.

- xxxxxxxxxxx - I have emailed you personally about this matter and would be interested to hear how you intend to resolve the problem given that your courier failed to make the delivery of the wheel to me?

Regards
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    dldbsl wrote: »
    this is a response I received from another senior member of the Peugeot RCZ owners forum:

................................................................................................
    Mick is a highly respected member on this group. The problem seems to me, to lay with the courier. I’m sure Mick is trying to get to the bottom of this with the courier company too. He wouldn’t want this to have happened either. Posting this on the open forum I feel is not good practice. This is something between you and Mick to resolve. The forum does not hold responsibility for any sales on the Group.

Personally I think that posting on the open forum is very good practice as it shows other people that the "respected member" doesn't take his legal and moral obligations very seriously.

Whether or not Mick get's to the bottom of it with the courier company is of no importance to you.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If Mick had insured the parcel up to the cost of the item (£150) he would have received a full refund from P2G/Yodel. Unfortunately that's a mistake he has made and he will be out of pocket.

OP you are entitled to a full refund.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • dldbsl
    edited 3 November 2018 at 8:45AM
    Options
    If xxxx had insured the parcel up to the cost of the item (£xxx) he would have received a full refund from P2G/Yodel. Unfortunately that's a mistake he has made and he will be out of pocket.

OP you are entitled to a full refund.
    P2G / Yodel dont like paying out unless forced to do so eg court action. they usually rely on unfair terms / conditions which favour them and to reject claims - if lucky they would refund their fee!
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of claims are not successful for the full amount as people don't understand that if they do not insure the item for the full cost and their parcel goes missing then they won't receive a refund.

The above leads to many complaints and I assume where you get your assumption from that they won't pay out.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 November 2018 at 9:19PM
    Options
    dldbsl wrote: »
    this is a response I received from another senior member of the Peugeot RCZ owners forum:

Mick is a highly respected member on this group. The problem seems to me, to lay with the courier. I’m sure Mick is trying to get to the bottom of this with the courier company too. He wouldn’t want this to have happened either. Posting this on the open forum I feel is not good practice. This is something between you and Mick to resolve. The forum does not hold responsibility for any sales on the Group.

.................................................................................................
    my additional thread:

This is an update to my original post 12/9/18 asking if anyone had a 19in RCZ wheel for sale as a spare.

Well a senior member came to my aid - Plecodoras - and we had a pleasant phone conversation, exchanged details agreed a price and then I made a bank transfer to 'Mick'. All is well and he arranges delivery to me by courier.

Unfortunately after being collected by courier a few days later by Yodel - the wheel was lost in transit and never arrived.
    I contacted the courier but was told to contact the seller - Plecodoras - (with whom they had the contract) and get them to initiate a lost parcel claim.

Ive been patient throughout the last 6 weeks and have sought advice on my rights in this 'private sale'.
    Ive contacted - Plecodoras - asking for a full refund which Im entitled to as the wheel has never been received but have had no response.

I just thought forum members should be aware of my problem and the risks when looking to purchase something from another member.

- Plecodoras / Mick - I have emailed you personally about this matter and would be interested to hear how you intend to resolve the problem given that your courier failed to make the delivery of the wheel to me?

Regards
    Dave
    Although I suggested you post on that forum I was rather hoping you'd give the guy time to respond to your email you were sending. Now you have jumped the gun a bit and no doubt put his back up in the process. Did you not read the bit I posted about sending him a pm on the forum and then posting IF he failed to respond to your email.

Also, please don't copy posts from members here and post them as your own on another forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure