When to book Mexico trip?

Options
Hi all,

I plan to visit Mexico for a two week holiday in September 2018. I am monitoring the price at the moment, but don't know whether to wait for a possible Black Friday or January Sale deal. What do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Monitor prices now and if something cheaper comes along, go for it.

Beware the hurricane season!
  • worriedindebt
    Options
    We just cancelled our holiday next year as we are unsure whether Mexico will be safe. Been a lot of shootings and Cartel violence recently, much of it not reported or covered up by resorts. May look at rebooking if and when situation improves but there is a real fear Cancun could be the next Acapulco.
    Incredibly sad as we loved it there and the people were so kind and welcoming ��
    Thanks to all who post here:beer:
  • Duckyduck
    Options
    We just cancelled our holiday next year as we are unsure whether Mexico will be safe. Been a lot of shootings and Cartel violence recently, much of it not reported or covered up by resorts. May look at rebooking if and when situation improves but there is a real fear Cancun could be the next Acapulco.
    Incredibly sad as we loved it there and the people were so kind and welcoming ��

It’s been like that for years. Has it actually deteriorated recently, or have you just become aware of it?

Not sure where in Mexico you’re looking to go, but there’s a reason September is cheaper than other times of the year in for the Caribbean cost!
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Yup, book in hurricane season at your own peril, dont be like the thousands of people who did the same this year and then moaned about the conditions and support. At your own risk.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Before the wall goes up?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Never can predict what prices will do. Earlier is usually always better for budget airlines but with regular long haul flights, the prices can go up and down all year. All you can do is either monitor prices and book and you see a good deal or buy now if you think the price is good.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • worriedindebt
    Options
    Duckyduck wrote: »
    It’s been like that for years. Has it actually deteriorated recently, or have you just become aware of it?
    !

Hi Ducky, yes it seeks to have deteriorated quite badly in the last year. Not a lot to be found on official news sites as being played down, but a recent documentary "unreported world" is on YouTube and plenty of reports on Tripadvisor forums. So very sad as its a beautiful place with beautiful people.
    Thanks to all who post here:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport