MSE News: Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 16 August 2018 at 1:16PM in Energy
Beleaguered energy supplier Iresa, which has tens of thousand of customers, has ceased trading...
Read the full story:
'Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• brexit
    brexit Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    What a fantastic news I have been waiting for as a previous customer! Horrible service made me feel customer service a thing of past. I am personally relieved they are no more. RIP.
  • johnpr98
    johnpr98 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 July 2018 at 3:39PM
    Options
    Probably safest to stop the Direct Debit, I am in Credit and don't want to pay any more until the dust settles

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2018/07/iresa-energy-ceases-trading---what-it-means-for-customer?_ga=2.79368020.1321384256.1532700879-1644720710.1439047229

"If you have a direct debit with Iresa it should be automatically moved to the new supplier when it's appointed - though Ofgem says you can choose to stop this and cancel your direct debit before the new supplier contacts you if you want to.

When the new supplier does contact you, it will explain how they'll take on your account, including direct debit arrangements."

I've also made sure I logged in and saved every bill, I also printed the page which tells me how much I am in credit
    https://selfservice.iresa.co.uk/selfService/login

Now I will have to wait and see what happens!
  • Cookiecrumble
    Options
    What a shame! I've been very happy with Iresa for 2 years. Low prices and interest on credit balances. I've had no problems with them, so I'm sorry to see them go.
  • hellopaul
    hellopaul Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I noticed that the 'Customer login' link on their website no longer works, but you can go directly to your account here: https://selfservice.iresa.co.uk/selfServicePortal/accounts
    (unless they close that down)
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 July 2018 at 4:44PM
    Options
    brexit wrote: »
    What a fantastic news I have been waiting for as a previous customer! Horrible service made me feel customer service a thing of past. I am personally relieved they are no more. RIP.

What terrible news. Current customer who always checks for cheaper deal IRESA always great price. No problem with service all on line. Disappointed they have went under.

Have went onto IRESA site and renewed contract from August still miles cheaper than others, hope its honoured but no exit fees so will wait and see.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hellopaul wrote: »
    I noticed that the 'Customer login' link on their website no longer works, but you can go directly to your account here: https://selfservice.iresa.co.uk/selfServicePortal/accounts
    (unless they close that down)

Thanks for this; I'd looked this morning to check that my last DD had been credited but hadn't copied the Account page.Have done so now!!:)
  • sprocket1
    sprocket1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks the link is still working so I was able to log in and download all my bills and meter readings.
  • Jez54
    Jez54 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sad to see that Iresa has been savaged to death by the collective might of the naysayers.
    I've been a very happy customer with them, no problems at all, and I'm sorry to see them go.
    We need new start-up energy companies like Iresa to be able to survive, if the cartel is to be broken.
    I had the very best CS response time ever from Iresa, on all 3 occasions I asked a question.
    No other supplier (and I've tried 8) has come close to answering and acting at that speed.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jez54 wrote: »
    I had the very best CS response time ever from Iresa, on all 3 occasions I asked a question.
    No other supplier (and I've tried 8) has come close to answering and acting at that speed.

Unfortunately, you were the exception rather than the rule. Took me 4 months to get a sensible reply re reducing my DD:)
  • patientperson
    Options
    What a shame! I've been very happy with Iresa for 2 years. Low prices and interest on credit balances. I've had no problems with them, so I'm sorry to see them go.

Agreed Cookie .. no problems for me either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport