2»

Comments

• secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 August 2018 at 8:38PM
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    I understood it perfectly. You didn't understand the answer. Good luck trying law of you can't figure out adding for weeks. Assuming, of course, it was garden leave... On the ignore(ant) list.

You still don't get it :D

Anyway, the friendly thing to do would have been to be patient and support someone who's trying to understand the situation and has lost their job.

Enjoy life on your selfish, high horse. I look forward to hearing from friendly members of the forum.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    You still don't get it :D

Anyway, the friendly thing to do would have been to be patient and support someone who's trying to understand the situation and has lost their job.

Enjoy life on your selfish, high horse. I look forward to hearing from friendly members of the forum.

I can see why you may have been misled by what was said as it would be easy to think the two statements in the post were connected(notice and ET submission) if you were not sure(which is why you were here).
    Notice starts the day after it is served. And the ET submission deadline is three months less a day. But I wouldn't advise leaving it that long. Why do you think it's unfair dismissal?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Hiya, it says 29 May as final day

That confirms the termination date as 29th and would fit in with the notice of termination documentation you have.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That confirms the termination date as 29th and would fit in with the notice of termination documentation you have.

Thank you :)

So we can conclude that my EDT is 29 May (as stated on my P45), irrespective of garden leave dates, when I received my termination letter, etc...?

Therefore I would have until 28 August (3 months -1 day) to submit to ACAS for unfair dismissal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure