Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    davethorp wrote: »
    Well my experience of this has been far from smooth

Applied when the offer first was posted here and was accepted online for the select account with a decent sized overdraft.

Day after I applied I was asked to upload documents to their site which I did immediately. After this radio silence from NatWest.

I eventually raised a complaint only to be told the account hadn!!!8217;t been opened following their internal checks. Which to me begs the question why offer the account online (with a sizeable overdraft) only to decline it later and why did they not communicate that decision to me

Because , yet again , they are suffering from the right hand-left hand syndrome!
    It's all or nothing. e-mails & letters in duplicate or triplicate or .... zero, zilch, nada.
    How did I ever manage to bank with them before??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I right in thinking you can open this account online but have to upload photo ID to get the account?

If yes, what happens if you dont have any photo ID?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you can open this account online but have to upload photo ID to get the account?

If yes, what happens if you dont have any photo ID?

Not necessarily. See (my) post #1037.

To be honest, NatWest don't have a clue what they're doing. You might have to provide photo ID, but you might not. Either way you won't know for certain. If you do get it confirmed that they definitely want to see ID, rather than just get a copy of your signature, then you can ask them what alternative ID they want and take it in to a branch.
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have applied and been accepted. Received endless texts and emails and switch is supposed to complete tomorrow. I have received another request to upload ID to get account opened even though it's already open and I have logged in online. Now my wife has applied, been accepted and had 3 requests for ID through Digidocs. She uploaded ID, but as part of the process to access Digidocs they sent a code, but it came to my phone rather than hers! She checked and her account has been set up with her mobile number, so it doesn't say much for their security!
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:10PM
    Options
    I have applied now and have been accepted, i am moving any money out of my switching account in readiness, but my account will not let me move out the last £1.04 of my balance?
    Will this have any effect on the switch as natwest will not be moving any money across (my choice).

I do not have any charges owing on my switching account, very strange.
    :T
  • bioboybill
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    I have applied now and have been accepted, i am moving any money out of my switching account in readiness, but my account will not let me move out the last £1.04 of my balance?
    Will this have any effect on the switch as natwest will not be moving any money across (my choice).

I very much doubt it since they gave you that option. So long as you switch and pay £1500/in by March 16th.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »

I do not have any charges owing on my switching account, very strange.

Are you sure you've selected the full switch and not a partial one? Looking at the offer page, you would need a full one to get the £125 as they talk about moving everything across and closing the old account.
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Are you sure you've selected the full switch and not a partial one? Looking at the offer page, you would need a full one to get the £125 as they talk about moving everything across and closing the old account.

Have i made a error then by doing a partial switch. if i have is there no way to correct this
  • bioboybill
    Options
    I went for a full switch, but they still gave you the option to move or settle any balance yourself. If you have direct debits or SOs and they've been moved I reckon you'll be ok.
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2018 at 11:40PM
    Options
    bioboybill wrote: »
    I went for a full switch, but they still gave you the option to move or settle any balance yourself. If you have direct debits or SOs and they've been moved I reckon you'll be ok.

Yes thats the same as me but with choosing to move or settle the balance myself it may be classed as a partial switch according to a post just above by kim_13.

No dd or so and only had the application accepted this afternoon, and only £1+ left in the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport