Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• DiegoJC
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    It still works!!

I have just instructed to pull money from the five accounts I have registered on my account.

You are unable to use the website to pull via DD but you can using the app.

Westie983

Could you please confirm that the app sill works?
    I was able to use it till December but not from the new year; if it does, I don't know whether I shall update it since a couple of months ago, to prevent any eventual update removing the functionality, I decided to stop its automatic update on google play :|
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Oh well, OK - but as it still relies on you taking my word for it. it all comes down to whatever my reputation is on MSE.

About a year ago I had a call from Tesco Bank on an entirely different matter. As a) the lady from Tesco seemed to be pretty well-informed and b) Tesco were paying for the call, I asked about the rumours that Tesco were culling [STRIKE]bank[/STRIKE] accounts. She told me that this was an ongoing thing since 2015. What was the basis? Making many trivial external transactions - especially DD pulls, she replied.
  • polymaff
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I could just as easily airily claim that they had too many account opening applications from 37-year-old green lobsters in Chalfont St Giles, safe in the knowledge that nobody could disprove that, but that wouldn't really constitute a particularly constructive line of debate!

That conversation must have been at least 49 weeks ago, as it was before I spent some of Jan and more of Feb in hospital.

You'll know the one - just the other side of the M25 from green lobster land. :rotfl:
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Oh well, OK - but as it still relies on you taking my word for it. it all comes down to whatever my reputation is on MSE.

About a year ago I had a call from Tesco Bank on an entirely different matter. As a) the lady from Tesco seemed to be pretty well-informed and b) Tesco were paying for the call, I asked about the rumours that Tesco were culling bank accounts. She told me that this was an ongoing thing since 2015. What was the basis? Making many trivial external transactions - especially DD pulls, she replied.

DD pulls - Tesco Bank Account ---- We are all doing it via Internet Saver--- :doh:
  • polymaff
    Options
    DD pulls - Tesco Bank Account ---- We are all doing it via Internet Saver--- :doh:

Quite right, my mistake, we ARE talking Internet Savers.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well Tesco decided their terms and conditions, maybe we all should have pulled £100 a month from each account and immediately replaced it (instead of £1), but they could just as well have come to the same conclusion that it was not worthwhile for them now.

It was good for a while and nothing lasts forever, I'll just end up closing my 3 BoS accounts and paying the £3 on the Lloyds POA for my Mum... I don't have enough DDs left. The Halifax, Nationwide, TSBs and Santanders can still run.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    I'll just end up...paying the £3 on the Lloyds POA for my Mum... I don't have enough DDs left.
    The £3 fee isn't dependant on DDs, just on a £1,500 monthly credit. But if you don't want the hassle (and/or aren't bothered about the lifestyle benefit) just downgrade it to Classic?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »

It was good for a while and nothing lasts forever, I'll just end up closing my 3 BoS accounts and paying the £3 on the Lloyds POA for my Mum... I don't have enough DDs left. The Halifax, Nationwide, TSBs and Santanders can still run.

Have you searched high and low for replacements?
    For example do you still need DDs for Nationwide? I discovered that I needed them for the switch but not afterwards (so that was 2 less!)
    In the end I needed 5 new ones if I remember correctly.
    There were some interesting suggestions on different threads which were helpful.
    I'd have thought the BoS were better to keep than the Halifax.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • talexuser
    edited 6 January 2018 at 10:08PM
    Options
    The £3 fee isn't dependant on DDs, just on a £1,500 monthly credit. But if you don't want the hassle (and/or aren't bothered about the lifestyle benefit) just downgrade it to Classic?

Thanks, I was getting mixed up with my Halifax where I forgot to buy something with one of my cashback credit cards one month and didn't get the £5 because only one DD went out.

The POA LLoyds monthly credit is not a problems with her pension, private pensions and ISA dividends. If situations change I will go down to the classic.... if free banking is still available then ;)
  • talexuser
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Have you searched high and low for replacements?
    For example do you still need DDs for Nationwide?

I've never needed DDs for my Nationwide (started 2013), just switched moneys to the Santanders and back for external funding, and used both the regular savers continuously.

I've read the entire thread as it went along and frankly can't see anything easy which doesn't chip away at the interest too much, making an easy access 1.3% look not too bad compared with the hassle involved with BoS 2%. Still looking though and open to suggestions, was going to use gocardless but they have increased their fees too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback