"Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10"

Options

Comments

• NeedToBeDebtFree
    Options
    Hello, I'm back and am so thankful to Sue-UU for keeping us chugging along.

My first pot is £5.00. I joined in part way through the year in round 9, so am eager to see how much better I can do this round!
    Whatever it takes.
    Sealed Pot Challenger #547
  • Baby_Angel
    Options
    I need to buy a new pot, as the old one is beyond repair. Didn't see Jakes-Mum advice before ruining it.

Good luck to all. I have a target of £500 this time. Want to exceed it though. I won't be posting as much, but will follow the challenge through to the end. Half way through it will be in Euros. So it is going to be interesting.
    SPC 08 - #452 - £415
    SPC 09 - #452 - £298
  • NeedToBeDebtFree
    Options
    Sue, I'm so sorry about you and your DD's illnesses, please take care of yourselves.
    Whatever it takes.
    Sealed Pot Challenger #547
  • moneymanager
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am back this year too. I just hope I can be on a bit more regular this year. I have decided to set myself a target in my head as when I confirm a target I never meet it.

This year however, I will include Christmas and Christmas birthdays into that target along with Christmas food, a bit extra money to see us over Christmas, Staff Christmas parties and maybe a little weekend break after Christmas.

We have a Christmas saver in work, can I include that in the challenge?

Sue I am really sorry to hear you are retiring from this post but your health and your daughter's health is far more important. xx

So since I don't officially open my pot until a week before Christmas as that money is usually just saved for extra spending money over the period and after at the moment (my hubby stops work a week before Christmas for amount 2 months as he is a gardener), what I put in now will be used this Christmas however I will include it in next years amount and will from now on try to get to my target by the end of October.

So with that I can start this challenge with £7.24 going into my VSP which includes cashback, Qmee withdrawal and just piddly money sitting in accounts. I am also putting in a shiny £2 coin and a penny. So #283 total at the moment is £9.25.

Hope to have some more later as going shopping.
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • nanto3girls
    nanto3girls Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon potters.
    Sue, sorry to hear this will be your last year, but you and your family must come first.
    Thank you for all the hard work you have put in over the years.
    I save £2 coins,50p coins,20p coins and 5p coins. Also save any spare notes that i have.
    Made a start today with £2 coin and 2 50p coins.
  • rasp
    rasp Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back for another year and a handful of shrapnel flung into a very empty pot
    SPC # 33
  • squanderscouse
    Options
    Hi,

Could I join this years challenge please?
    SueUU - so sorry to hear of yours and your daughters' health problems
    :(
    Thank you for taking the time to run this years challenge, it's really appreciated.
    Bank Loan 8839/3761.16 Barclaycard4500/£1949.33 Overdraft 2000 /0
    Littlewoods 7000/107.68

July NSDs 14/15
  • Diodiva
    Diodiva Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2016 at 5:14PM
    Options
    heyo everyone

Been reading the fun youve all been having on SPC9, and i'm inspired!

I like the idea of a pot I can squirrel money away into and feel getting heavier or filling up :)

how about some tips for the newbie?

do people have a set amount they add or do they just add spare change in or a mixture of both?

Do people put notes in or do you like to collect a specific coin (eg £2)?

How do you all keep your motivation going?

I have a milk bottle (laaarge glass bottle with black patches on like a cow) that has shrapnel in it, I was thinking though i'll put this into my pot as a starter, is that allowed?

I need to go buy a pot, poundland?

Dio
    :)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2016 at 5:37PM
    Options
    squanderscourse and diodiva you are both very welcome, Su will be along to give you numbers sooon. Read the first post it has all the info. Find yourself a nice sealed pot or tin and get filling.
    Diodiva, everyone has different ways of potting, none of them are wrong(unless you open your pot early Su does get cross with that!) shrapnel is allowed, (the pot I've used this year is one we'd put some money in a few years ago to save for a holiday it got left and never used not sure what's in it so it has a bit of a start) regular amounts put by each week, some have virtual pots aka bank accounts, money from extra jobs that wouldn't normally be in your usually budget etc. I find the main thing to help with motivation is to keep popping into the thread, when you hear about everyone else filling their pots it makes you moe likely to keep feeding yours.

Su sorry to hear that this is your last year as leader I hope you will stay on the mse forums even if you step back from running this challenge. The main thing is that you put your health and you family first. Take care.

Let's all make this a record breaking year and get the best total ever for Su's 10th challenge.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Happybeingme
    Options
    Hi Potters! 😁

Sue, firstly thank you for your kind words on the previous thread. You kept me inspired to keep saving and that's the first time I've ever had money put by for Christmas. Secondly, I am so sorry to hear this will be your final year, but family must come first. You will be missed!

I'm going to increase my goal to £500 for 2017 (but I know you can't alter the amount in the savers list). My first pot of the year is £10. Quick question - DS2 owes me £85 which he will give me in mid December - am I allowed to add this to my pot?

Good luck everyone - happy potting!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport