reasonable housekeeping figures DRO

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Depth_Charge
    Options
    These are not publicly available I'm afraid.

Hi

Do you think it would help people with debt problems if they were made available to the public?

Personally I and others I know do and they should be as the idea is to help people manage their debts so why the secrecy?

It is laughable given the new FCA regime and policies that people do not have all the information available to help them.

Anyone seeking debt advice should have all the information and support possible.

As I am quite sure that you are aware it does not appear that we will have the new standard financial statement any time soon, strange really but never mind we will just carry on using the Common Financial Statement (CFS) for now - its the one that gets reviewed upwards on a regular basis and is accepted for Debt Relief Orders

http://www.cfs.moneyadvicetrust.org/

Comments welcome

My take as always

DC
  • MinerSteve
    MinerSteve Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 20 December 2014 at 4:12PM
    Options
    These allowances are all at least 10% too low

http://www.debt-relief-orders.com/resources/calculating_a_budget.asp

some are much lower than acceptable

Only thing that is not there is utilities a family of say 2 adults 2 kids could say about £50 month each for gas,elect and water, so £150mnth for the three.
  • longtermplanner
    Options
    MinerSteve wrote: »
    Only thing that is not there is utilities a family of say 2 adults 2 kids could say about £50 month each for gas,elect and water, so £150mnth for the three.

Utility bills are what they are. An adviser will look at the past bills and usually put the full amount in. That is why there is no allowance for them.
  • DorisTrousers
    DorisTrousers Posts: 548 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2014 at 1:15PM
    Options
    I am not sure you will get many people/organisations to agree with you that they are too low.

They are far more generous that other allowances available and commonly in use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure