2017 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT

Options

Comments

• John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    People said the same about the M2 that I bought last year. I lost £9,000 on it in three months.

As others have said, Mustangs are fun, look good, and sound good, but they are not really sports cars.

I rent them when on holiday, but prefer a BMW or Mercedes for use in the UK.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Crumble_ wrote: »
    What are people honest opinions of these?

Looking at getting rid of my BMW 330d in Alpine White with Red Leather for the Mustang. Anyone have one? Experience of one?

Cheers

I'd be interested, too. I've tried twice to test drive the Mustang but to no avail.

The last attempt was at Ford Milton Keynes. I was in an out of the car for about 10mins and no-one came to talk to me, so I went and asked for some information and if I could have a test drive. The man looked at me blankly and said I'd have to go to their Bedford branch to drive it.

I asked if he could get it over for me if I made an appointment. He said he'd have to let me know (but didn't attempt to take my details).

So I asked if it was the V8 or the EcoBoost. He said he didn't know.

But he knew is was blue.

With that I left.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    John-K wrote: »
    People said the same about the M2 that I bought last year. I lost £9,000 on it in three months.

:eek:

With respect, you either bought it at the wrong price or sold it at the wrong price.
  • John-K_3
    Options
    I bought it at list, and I had the dealer trying to wriggle out of the deal after I had agreed the selling price, as he realised he had paid too much.

There were no deals to be had on them last spring, it was list price or nothing.

I have no regrets at selling it, I just never got on with it at all. I bought a used F80 M3 instead which I am very happy with.
  • motorguy
    Options
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    Could be different driving styles but I've had a few 350z, 370z and the new Mustang and with the driving aids on it I found it handled brilliantly, at least as good as the 370 and a lot quicker.

I waited 16 months for mine but sold it after 9 months. It was great, but I just wasn't using it - and its a huge car. Huge improvement over the previous model.

Just to add - the driving aids aren't just for show - sure in standard mode the mustang felt a little disconnected, but using sports mode in steering and driving transforms the car.

Terrible in the wet though, the 370z was much better in that respect.

Maybe that was the difference we noted. It was a wet day. Likewise, we live in Northern Ireland where its nearly always wet or raining... :o
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    Anyway, this isnt really a zed versus tang debate - to the op, go for it, amazing car, great interior and toys, drinks petrol like there is a hole in the tank but car will get serious amount of attention and sounds incredible. I had the metallic black with white interior, stunning combo.

I think the O/P needs to take a considered test drive in one. We genuinely went to buy one, drove it, came away disappointed. If you "get it" and you buy in to the image, then definitely a great car, but it wasnt for us.
  • motorguy
    Options
    John-K wrote: »
    I bought it at list, and I had the dealer trying to wriggle out of the deal after I had agreed the selling price, as he realised he had paid too much.

There were no deals to be had on them last spring, it was list price or nothing.

I have no regrets at selling it, I just never got on with it at all. I bought a used F80 M3 instead which I am very happy with.

Big changes now. Theres an easy £2,500 off list from a broker.

Its a shame you needed to sell it so soon - i guess that introduces a big pain point for any car.
  • motorguy
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    I'd be interested, too. I've tried twice to test drive the Mustang but to no avail.

The last attempt was at Ford Milton Keynes. I was in an out of the car for about 10mins and no-one came to talk to me, so I went and asked for some information and if I could have a test drive. The man looked at me blankly and said I'd have to go to their Bedford branch to drive it.

I asked if he could get it over for me if I made an appointment. He said he'd have to let me know (but didn't attempt to take my details).

So I asked if it was the V8 or the EcoBoost. He said he didn't know.

But he knew is was blue.

With that I left.

I dont think Ford Milton Keynes are a Mustang dealer? Only some are? The nearest from the Ford Dealer Locator who are approved to sell Mustangs are indeed Ford Bedford.

Its not a surprise they were disinterested if they dont actually sell the car.
  • John-K_3
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    Big changes now. Theres an easy £2,500 off list from a broker.

Its a shame you needed to sell it so soon - i guess that introduces a big pain point for any car.
    Yes, unfortunate circumstances and a failure to bond with it meant that it was right to sell it.

I’m very happy with the replacement.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    I dont think Ford Milton Keynes are a Mustang dealer? Only some are? The nearest from the Ford Dealer Locator who are approved to sell Mustangs are indeed Ford Bedford.

Its not a surprise they were disinterested if they dont actually sell the car.

If they don't sell the car or know anything about it, they shouldn't have one sitting in the showroom.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    If they don't sell the car or know anything about it, they shouldn't have one sitting in the showroom.

We had the same problem with Milton Keynes Ford. Wife wanted a Mustang. The yellow one in their showroom. Gave up in the end and bought something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure