Tesco Credit Card - Existing Customer Offers?

Options
Hello to you all,

I am wondering if anyone has previous experience of receiving existing customer offers with Tesco Clubcard Credit Card?

I have a £0 balance and I am interested in doing a Money Transfer but I am just off the phone to Customer Services and they advised that the APR for it is 33.2% plus a 3% fee!

I enquired are there any offers or will there be in the future but Customer Services advised "We are not sure when these offers will happen. We are never told by Management if offers are to be pushed out to customers". Although very strange I have heard this before from their Customer Services.

I am thinking of telephoning to close the account in the hope that they may offer a deal to keep me as a customer. Again, has anyone had experience of this?

Many thanks for any help or advice you can offer,

creditcardnewbie :beer:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I enquired are there any offers or will there be in the future but Customer Services advised "We are not sure when these offers will happen. We are never told by Management if offers are to be pushed out to customers". Although very strange I have heard this before from their Customer Services.

Not strange. Standard practice.

You'll just need to wait to see if any offers come your way.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Tesco credit card I find they send me offers once every 6 or 9 months, nothing too ground-breaking usually a balance transfer deal for 18 months with bog standard 3% fee. I’ve held various cards with them for about 10 years now. Threatening to close your account won’t magic up any offers. With Tesco the easiest thing to do is open up a second card (for 0% purchases or 0% BT whichever one suits your need) and then close your old card once you have transferred over the credit limit (assuming you aren’t happy with the credit limit they will give you for the second card). They seem to favour new customers so play them at their own game.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • DSmiffy
    DSmiffy Posts: 791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I get offers around every 4 months, balance transfer for around 12 months for about 3% fee.
    Usually come in a letter through the post.
  • creditcardnewbie
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I'll hold on to the card for now in the hope an offer comes along.

It is encouraging to read that they do give out offers every few months.

Thank you for sharing your experiences - it is greatly appreciated.

creditcardnewbie
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I'll hold on to the card for now in the hope an offer comes along.

It is encouraging to read that they do give out offers every few months.

Thank you for sharing your experiences - it is greatly appreciated.

creditcardnewbie

I've never had a good offer from Tesco CC whilst holding the card but they do some good offers like a 0% and nil balance transfer fee I took advantage of a few months back. You can hold up to two tesco CC at any one time so better look for a new offer. One thing with tesco though is their minimum payment is £25 a month compared to about £5 from other providers.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2018 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Just checked and they do have a 0% nil balance transfer fee card for about 22months. Subject to eligibility of course :)

As Martin says only use the card for balance transfer and nothing at all on spend!:eek: and make the minimum payment always and pay off or transfer again at the end of 0% period.

Just noticed you said money transfer not balance. Unsure how that works as its basically a loan?

If you close a tesco CC you have to wait two months before applying for another unless you only have the one card at the time.

Trouble with simplicity, it soon becomes complicated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure