PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Magnetic window cleaners - any good?

Options
1235»

Comments

• pisces4002
    Options
    I've just purchased a Magnetic Window Cleaner Deluxe for 32 mm double glazing Grey. I wanted to post a reply on my experience as I spent a long time looking at this product and saw a lot of reviews saying it was rubbish. I think this product is a useful addition for cleaning upstairs windows outside. It is not perfect and takes some practice before being competent with it. Firstly DO NOT put the two magnets together in the bucket of water as described. The magnets are so strong they just pull together and parting them takes a lot of determination. Second ensure water is soapy as the magnets need this to help them glide. Place the outside magnet against the window first with the sponge facing the direction you want to move first and then apply the inside magnet so they stick together. Always work from the top to the bottom of the window following the arrow on the magnets and move slowly. If you see the magnets beginning to part then move slower to allow the magnets to catch up to each other. When turning the magnet move even slower. This product DOES work but is tricky to use and I wouldn't use it for windows I can reach easily. I got mine for £20 and is better value for money than all other window cleaning brushes I've ever bought. Hope this review helps.
  • robertadkin
    Options
    This type of window cleaner works to help you better clean your windows. This type of window cleaner is filled with strong magnets which help to keep the window cleaner from falling or breaking while you’re cleaning with it. It will use the magnets built into it to lock itself through the glass on the window.

Because it attaches both of its sides on the separate window panes, both will work to clean the different window sides as you move it. This means that as you clean the inside part of your window, the outside part will start to clean as well. This will help to ensure that you can clean windows safely and easily.
  • blackcatg
    blackcatg Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This type of window cleaner works to help you better clean your windows. This type of window cleaner is filled with strong magnets which help to keep the window cleaner from falling or breaking while you’re cleaning with it. It will use the magnets built into it to lock itself through the glass on the window.

Because it attaches both of its sides on the separate window panes, both will work to clean the different window sides as you move it. This means that as you clean the inside part of your window, the outside part will start to clean as well. This will help to ensure that you can clean windows safely and easily.

Has anyone bought one not too dear that actually works on dg?
    My old house the upstairs windows opened enough to reach both sides of glass but not in new house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure