Temporary Motorhome Insurance

Options
Hi, was wondering if anyone could advise on getting the cheapest short term insurance for a motorhome. The motorhome is my parents & is rated at 3500KG. I am over 25 years old & I need cover for just 1 week in the UK this summer . Would my existing insurance company that I use for my own car (Hastings Direct) offer cover at all ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If only someone had invented a way, perhaps using the electromagnetic spectrum and appropriate devices to convert speech to signals and vice-versa, in order to contact a person at a company and speak to them directly. Maybe some day
  • mckenzie126
    mckenzie126 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    If only someone had invented a way, perhaps using the electromagnetic spectrum and appropriate devices to convert speech to signals and vice-versa, in order to contact a person at a company and speak to them directly. Maybe some day

Wow, what a pleasure, thanks for the reply. Hey, what if someone invented a virtual world, maybe implement places in there & call them forums, people could then communicate & ask other people their advice & experience, imagine the possibilities. Maybe some day.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I heard Mr Google can help you
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don’t your parents have it insured currently? They could look to add you to their insurance
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there - I've just arranged to hire a motorhome, and the owner used a company called "DayInsure" to arrange 1 week's cover.
    I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure