🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Temporary Motorhome Insurance

Options
Hi, was wondering if anyone could advise on getting the cheapest short term insurance for a motorhome. The motorhome is my parents & is rated at 3500KG. I am over 25 years old & I need cover for just 1 week in the UK this summer . Would my existing insurance company that I use for my own car (Hastings Direct) offer cover at all ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If only someone had invented a way, perhaps using the electromagnetic spectrum and appropriate devices to convert speech to signals and vice-versa, in order to contact a person at a company and speak to them directly. Maybe some day
  • mckenzie126
    mckenzie126 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    If only someone had invented a way, perhaps using the electromagnetic spectrum and appropriate devices to convert speech to signals and vice-versa, in order to contact a person at a company and speak to them directly. Maybe some day

Wow, what a pleasure, thanks for the reply. Hey, what if someone invented a virtual world, maybe implement places in there & call them forums, people could then communicate & ask other people their advice & experience, imagine the possibilities. Maybe some day.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I heard Mr Google can help you
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don’t your parents have it insured currently? They could look to add you to their insurance
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there - I've just arranged to hire a motorhome, and the owner used a company called "DayInsure" to arrange 1 week's cover.
    I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport