* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Vulpix not sure if you will see this or not but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear that something clearly very serious has happened. Needless to say, I will be thinking of you and hoping that things may not be as bad first feared. X
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Vulpix, such an upsetting post to read, you know where we all are as a group or individuals. xxx
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Our bus lanes are 24/7, ridiculous
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Our bus lanes are 24/7, ridiculous

Bet the bus service isn't though!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vulpix - sorry to read your post. Whatever has happened, please know we are all here for you xxx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • describes
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this thread :) My Christmas planning has started today and I am cooking christmas at my house for the first time! I am incredibly anxious and scared already. I was planning on getting a turkey crown from M&S and pre-ordering it. I'm not sure whether to pre-order the veg and bits or just wait until the normal weekly shop and get the vegetables (standard broc, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels etc)
    What do most people do?

I am also looking at ideas to make christmas presents this year. I am not particularly creative but I want to give a few things a go.

Any tips would be great :)
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vulpix

please know that we are thinking of you and will be here for you if you ever want to come back to us ,
    Take care of yourself xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh vulpix I'm so sorry to read your post. Sending you hugs and love. we will always be here for you xxx
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    describes wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this thread :) My Christmas planning has started today and I am cooking christmas at my house for the first time! I am incredibly anxious and scared already. I was planning on getting a turkey crown from M&S and pre-ordering it. I'm not sure whether to pre-order the veg and bits or just wait until the normal weekly shop and get the vegetables (standard broc, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels etc)
    What do most people do?

I am also looking at ideas to make christmas presents this year. I am not particularly creative but I want to give a few things a go.

Any tips would be great :)

Hi welcome to the thread. :j

I do Christmas dinner at my house every year. I used to buy my veg early to make sure I had it. But the supermarkets had all dropped the veg prices to 44p etc. So I got everything on the 23rd. Cauli's might not drop. But unless you are ordering fancy pre done M&S ones, I wouldn't bother and just get it a couple of days before Christmas. That goes for potatoes, carrots, Brussels and red cabbage, they were all super cheap in all the supermarkets.
    I actually picked a lot up on Christmas Eve morning for 9p! My turkey was huge and reduced from £26 to £13 and the boy at the till even swiped another £5 off fresh turkeys voucher he had sitting.
    It was a bit of a risk waiting til Christmas Eve. But I made sure there was plenty on the shelves the day before.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    You probably won"t see this Vulpix but we all send our love and thoughts and will be here for you if you do come back.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport