* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome to the thread DESCRIBES. We’re usually a very welcoming bunch but one of our number has had something very bad happen today so we’re all a bit thrown off course. Personally I’m useless at planning Christmas food and have to rely on tips from others but there are a lot of people on here who are great at such things and I’m sure they’ll have lots of ideas for you. As regards making things, I think there is a page at the start of this year’s thread that has ideas on and could be helpful.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Sorry to read your post Vulpix, I hope you'll feel able to return to this thread in the future x
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    describes wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether to pre-order the veg and bits or just wait until the normal weekly shop and get the vegetables (standard broc, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels etc)
    What do most people do?

I am also looking at ideas to make christmas presents this year. I am not particularly creative but I want to give a few things a go.

Any tips would be great :)

My Mum goes to Tesco around the 22nd to buy the veg, but she does go for around 8am so they're stocked by without the crowds. Last few years I think she's actually bought a large paper sack of potatoes from the local shop and kept them in the garage where it's nice and cool, and they've lasted for a few weeks out there.

With regards to handmade Christmas pressie ideas, I can't recommend Pinterest highly enough! Just don't go browsing if you have less than 30 minutes to dedicate to it, you can easily get sucked in and lose track of time!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, I am so upset at VULPIX message, my love and thoughts are with her and her family

NIC what a flaming week you have had, my son got caught out driving down a road, that between certain hours turns into a bus lane, no road markings. He got 3 fines 3 days on the trot, I googled and loads of people had been caught out. We had to laugh by the time he had got the third one! It’s always really hard when we get unexpected bills, sending hugs my lovely

STOKIE I’m so glad your parents are safe, it’s frightening how fast and how often these accidents happen, we had one locally this week with 3 fatalities, my heart goes out to their families
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Vulpix, l have just read your sad and moving message. My heart goes out to you, please know that we are thinking of, and praying for you. Come back when you are ready, we will be here.
  • Skibunny40
    Options
    Vulpix - I don't post often but I've been an avid reader of this thread for the last couple of years, and I've really enjoyed your posts - thinking of you and wishing you strength to face whatever's happened. Huge hugs xx
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

So sorry I have not been on for ages. Life has just been so busy and I have been having shockwave therapy on my injured foot.
    I am going to try and catch up.....

Vulpix- Im so sorry to see your message, my thoughts and love are with you and your family and we will be here when you need us xxx

Just wanted to say welcome to the newbies, we all love Christmas and we love sharing our ideas, bargain finds and plans for an amazing time of year.

How are the rest of you all? Missed you all loads. Its been so long since I have been on that I had forgotten my password. :rotfl:
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Will catch up properly with the pages and pages and pages that I have missed hopefully this week.
  • lazysheep
    Options
    Vulpix - sorry to hear your news, if you ever feel like talking then we'll be right here where you left us :grouphug:
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    vulpix I know you may not see this but I just had to post, I was so sad to see your message and am heartbroken that something awful has happened. Wishing you lots of strength at this time and if you ever need us we'll be right here. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure