MSE News: Hit by latest NatWest and RBS meltdown? Get your charges back

Options
"NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and Ulster Bank customers won't be left out of pocket after an IT glitch ..."
Read the full story:

Hit by latest NatWest and RBS meltdown? Get your charges back

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• djrenegade_2
    Options
    RBS Say:
    An RBS spokesperson says: "The systems issues that affected our customers last night have now been resolved and all our services are now back working normally.

"If any customer is experiencing issues this morning, they should get in touch with our call centres or come into our branches, where our staff will be ready to help."

I am still experiencing problems, have contacted RBS this morning and was told that the systems are still experiencing problems, are still being looked in to and should be resolved by the end of the day.

So has it been resolved or not, are they just trying to re-assure us or is there actually still a fault?!
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    I made an online payment from my santander account to my RBS one at the weekend, it was there immediately after when I checked my mobile app but now it has disappeared!! I've tried calling RBS but I waited for half an hour and no answer. :(
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Former_MSE_Helen
    Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2013 at 1:03PM
    Options
    RBS, NatWest and Ulster help.

The bank's agreed to do a Q&A for us about the outage and what can be done. Send us questions ASAP on here.

Thanks.
  • djrenegade_2
    Options
    OK Helen, I had money sent to my account yesterday, I transferred it out my account to another, today the credited funds aren't showing but my balance is minus because the transfer of funds is, i'd like to know when my statement is likely to reflect this, when my balance will be updated accordingly, if i will get a charge for the unauthorised overdraft (being in minus) and if I will be compensated for not being able to access a penny of my money today because I do not have an overdraft facility.

Thanks
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 December 2013 at 1:21PM
    Options
    And I STILL can't log in!:mad:

EDIT -Thanks to a suggestion on another thread I disconnected from the internet (didn't reboot the router) then reconnected a few minutes later to get a new IP address allocated -and lo and behold, I can log in !!
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    I made an online payment from my santander account to my RBS one at the weekend, it was there immediately after when I checked my mobile app but now it has disappeared!! I've tried calling RBS but I waited for half an hour and no answer. :(

My money is back in my account :) Yay
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    djrenegade wrote: »
    OK Helen, I had money sent to my account yesterday, I transferred it out my account to another, today the credited funds aren't showing but my balance is minus because the transfer of funds is, i'd like to know when my statement is likely to reflect this, when my balance will be updated accordingly, if i will get a charge for the unauthorised overdraft (being in minus) and if I will be compensated for not being able to access a penny of my money today because I do not have an overdraft facility.

Thanks

Yes you'd get all the charges refunded - as has already been said ad nauseum. It's even in the title of this very thread...

No you probably won't be compensated further. It's not their fault you leave every penny you have in one account (particularly considering this site advises people not to do that time and time again! - and you can hardly claim that you were unaware these things happen considering the enormous publicity around it when it happened last year, again with Natwest/RBS), but it's definitely worth asking for anyway. They can only say no!
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Options
    "MoneySavingExpert.com puts your concerns over this week's IT glitch to the RBS Group..."
    Read the full story:

NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank glitch: RBS answers your questions

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • dazzammm
    dazzammm Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    its no coincidence that the problems have occured since the UK staff who looked after the system (20+ yrs IT experience each) were replaced by offshore graduates (the entire TEAM dont have 10 years IT experience!)

its the same across all banks, retails, insurance companies, utility companies - guys who have been there decades and averted these types of disasters many times over being replaced by offshore people straight out of university with next to no experience and definatley no experience of averting these kind of problems. all in the name of cost cutting / increasing profits.

there are thousands of these guys who have been out of work for years or have had to find new careers who could have solved the problem in half an hour.

Ask yourself - did we have this many IT glitches 5 years ago?
  • Sammie20131
    Options
    I am thinking about moving to Barclays these last 18 months I have had my interest free overdraft buffer removed, charges hiked, ISA interest rate cut in half and these IT issues 3 times.

I am worried about closing an account that I have held for 5 years and moving to someone else. May I ask, will closing my account affect my credit file, are Barclays any better or am I just moving from one issue bank to another?? Please help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure