IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Metro Inn, Walsall

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming your initials are pf you need to get your user name changed to something completely anonymous by email to MSE.

And your name is shown when accessing that link

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Assuming your initials are pf you need to get your user name changed to something completely anonymous by email to MSE.

And your name is shown when accessing that link

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    Not only name but address, car reg and claim number!
  • celfighter
    Options
    Thanks Quentin. I have just tried to change my username but itndoesnt seem possible so I have removed the post instead.

Did you see the evidence inside?
    Are they scaremongering in your opinion?
  • celfighter
    celfighter Posts: 83 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2018 at 5:16PM
    Options
    Post 88 indicates that CEL first attempted to contact the driver of the vehicle at my old address. The vehicle must of been still registered there. Somehow, CEL then managed to find my address previous to that (my parents address) and post their threatening ZZPS letters. I had no warning of any breach of contract for over 100 days after the actual alleged event.
    Surely they should of given the driver the opportunity to pay the first bill, which was £60.
    When I received the first letter they were already demanding £200.

I have seen the photo evidence and I cannot say who the driver actually was that day.
    It looks as though he/she drove in the front entrance of the car park and stayed there for a while before leaving from the same entrance.

CEL state that there are many signs around the carpark but it appears that the driver may have only had the opportunity to view x1 sign which was too far away to read as they were first entering the car park.
    I am going to rely on these facts in court, as already outlined in my WS and evidence.
  • celfighter
    Options
    If anyone wishes to view the WS or evidence pls email me here and I will send you a link.

Can anyone help me now? I am just not sure what to do for the best. Thank you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    Thanks Quentin. I have just tried to change my username but itndoesnt seem possible so I have removed the post instead......
    As advised - you get your name changed by emailing MSE!

You can't DIY!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just tried to change my username but it doesn't seem possible...

To help with that, you might like to read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • celfighter
    Options
    Thank you. I have emailed them.
    Should I continue to fight them, in your opinion? They are offering to drop the case for £100 but I'll obviously lose my set aside fee.
    How can I show you their evidence and WS? It's in pdf format and I can't remove the personal details.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How can I show you their evidence and WS? It's in pdf format and I can't remove the personal details.
    If you cannot remove identifying information then you cannot show it.

It really is that simple. Forum rules forbid the posting of personal info.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Take a print, hit the copy with snopake, then scan or photograph it. Host it on a free hosting site, copy the URL here.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport