PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday I got 2 loads of washing done, dried, ironed and put away too so still no ironing mountain. This is my new year's resolution, to get in the habit of putting washing away straight away, most things go in TD so it doesn't take long to iron what needs (and my ironing board lives on the landing so is always ready) and thn put all away. I feel a bit of a fraud as most of you have huge challenges and manage so much. But keep reminding myself progress is progress, baby steps do work.

Also took OH to mick up hire car so we are all mobile again, went to garage to book mine in for service then cooked dinner and left instructions before going to paid stuff.

Paid stuff today 10 - 5 but have tidied round living room and kitchen and done 1 load ironing (taken out of TD this morning) and load of washing put on. Load in TD will get done when I get home and more washing put in. Hopefully by the end of next week washing should be up to date and I can concentrate on keeping it that way.

Weightloss, slow but ate good meals yesterday again but colleague back from UK had some lovely chocs so a few of them decluttered, oops. But again my objective is to be lighter in Feb than in Jan and carry on the year like that. Yes I want to lose 12 kg approx 2 st but if I set that as a target for this year and have only lost 6 by the september I am likely to see it as Failed but just saying I will be lighter each seems doable. Any weight lost will be better!

Next thing is to increase exercise, hope to buy a fitbit soon to be able to monitor progress.

Finished coffee so off to paid stuff!

Hugs all round and don't forget to SMILE
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cough still persisting.. along with a tickly wheeze as well now. I need to wash my nest and half my wardobe.. OH just brought our laundry downstairs because I have nothing to do you know!!

Wearing my new christmas jumprer today, it is all soft and floofy!

So much to get done in here and I just feel dead.. I don't want to do any of it
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One happy slinky reporting in :)

Start weight - 12 stone 11 pounds
    Today: 12 stone 5 pounds :j:j

Well done Iona :)

Brilliant well done xxx
  • donnajt
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    CHALLENGES (POST 2)

I have trawled through this thread and attempted to add people to challenges.

let me know if I missed anyone.

thank you Vallli for adding me xxx
  • donnajt
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    G&T on a school night (naughty me), a bubble bath and clean cotton bedsheets. Bliss!

sounds heaven x
  • donnajt
    Options
    ME/Fibro bad yesterday - overslept, woke up at 8:36 - little one has to be in school by 8:55!!! not a good day, went into town to run errands, tried to find a nice new shirt but i looked like a sack of spuds so gave up and came home, fainted on bus, luckily i was with dd and we were seated, rest up all for a bit. Got a fab bargain in ASDA yesterday a cocktail chair that is reduced to £50 online but in store £25, now need to clear bedroom out so i can create dressing area i so badly need

little one on school trip today, had to be in school by 7:45, so was awake at 4 (scared i would oversleep again), getting thru today/yesterday's lists - just finished ironing

Am attending a Fibromylgia seminar this afternoon at hospital so I'm time short today
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    donnajt slow down, fainitng on the bus, goodness me, you were lucky to didnt get hurt, please take care.

Just set aside a load of money for HMRC tax bill for the end of Jan.............1. so I don't forget, 2. so I still have it!

Been doing 'admin' type stuff since 7.30am but I seem to be at the end of the heap now, all except down loading my holiday photos........the card will not fit in my lap top so I download them direct from the camera, except the camera battery is flat so that is currently charging up........

SC on with beef casserole
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel a bit better soon Donnajt although it isn't a nice condition and I'm guessing is unpredictable.

I'm just getting ready to go to uni, having continued organising paperwork in the office.
    Remembered to put recorder on as our friends in Suffolk on on "We Escaped to the Country" this afternoon, they got their house via the programme and have had a return visit to see how they are getting on.

I know a few people have discussed this before, but has anyone found any way to make Methotrexate not make you feel sick? Mr N struggles with his weight at the best of times, but you can practically see him turn green when he looks at the wretched tablets, and he feels sick for about 3 days.

All bins in house emptied.
    One mouse snaptrapped in garage.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Mid- day check in for me.

Pickle's bedroom is all sorted. New wardrobe all set up, furniture moved round to make a bit more floor space and toys put away properly. Floors hoovered and all surfaces wiped.

Then it was onto our bedroom. Decluttered, wiped down the surfaces changed the bed (although I need to go and buy a bottom sheet this afternoon, it seems the one I picked up last week was a single not the double required. Pain in the bum!)

This afternoon is a visit from someone to quote to repair our front room blinds, wardrobe packaging to the tip and biting a new sheet. I might pick up a few bits of food to get me through until friday/weekend. Need to have a peek in the cupboards.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Gas / electric reading entered on to the online site, it seems I am £44 in credit!!

Sandwich eaten

Paper work put away/ binned / shredded
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts