2018 Frugal Living Challenge

Options

Comments

• frugalish
    frugalish Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wishing you all the best for today cw18! I hope it's not too hot. I'll be cheering you on from the sofa! :o :T:T:T
    "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?" - George Eliot

Grocery Challenge Feb 20 £0.00/ £400 = £0.00
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
  • shish100
    shish100 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck CW18 in your marathon. :)
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LittleGingerFox What's a 'Dave job'?
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good luck today CW18
    Frugal challenge 2024

• Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    FrankieM wrote: »
    LittleGingerFox What's a 'Dave job'?

I was going to as the same question !!!128513; Also meant to say, your grass 'weeds' might be wild herbs and flowers, so I would wait to find out what they are in case you have edible stuff growing.

GOOD LUCK, CW18!
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Frugaldom wrote: »
    we have no bank or cashline within easy reach of here so I am definitely a 'plastic gal' and virtual banker. :D I only count coins as the hen & duck eggs sell. Cash withdrawals are normally via cash machine in the village store a few miles away and only when it hasn't run out of cash, otherwise it's a case of waiting until first time I am in town, which does not happen very often. I do, however, celebrate if the CC bill is lower than expected, as absolutely everything goes on that and then it's cleared every month while accruing a little bit of cashback.
    I use cash for a couple of things which are budgeted for. Other than those, I mainly use cards too. I have a bank account which I call my card mirroring account. Whenever I make a payment on the card, I transfer money to that account. This can be from various sub accounts depending on what I am paying for. For example I save up to get my hair done, then when I pay for my hair transfer from that account to my card account. (I also have presents and holiday savings accounts). Then the money in that is used to pay the card in full.
    It works for me and I am currently debt free- currently no mortgage but I do rent. Hence I have a plan to buy a property and then be rent and mortgage free in time to retire.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    CW18 - Amazing hope it went well :) XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone

I hope you've all had a good weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing how the marathon went cw18

I didn't work this weekend and I saw my children, grandchildren and some friends. It was a lovely time but I went hurtling over the budget that I'd set for myself so I'm disappointed on that front. I need to get better because I don't want having a social life to cost me my future plans. I might have to just take cash out with me and when it's gone, then it's gone.
    Still it was great seeing people and it's done me the world of good. :)

I'm back to it today. I've planned my meals for this week to use up the bits and pieces in the fridge and freezer. I don't have any spending planned and my purse will be staying firmly closed and at home.
    I've 'borrowed' money from my savings this month so I need to set a plan in place to get that paid back in.

I got my washing dried out on the line and did a stock take of the meals in the freezer and I have enough in there for about half the month :)
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I have been awol. Been just trying to get sorted. I have now moved and am living in supported housing for people with mental health. Housing were just going to leave me to be homeless so I got myself sorted. I am ready to start the frugal challenge again however I am worried about how much to aim for.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    indigowarrior - Am pleased that you managed to get accommodation sorted. Take care and sending hugs.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport