Compensation Claims Three?

Options
Hi all

I've recently joined Three from o2 and starting to regret every second that now goes by!

My number should have ported over from o2 on Monday 18th of June 2018 but something has gone wrong. After spending hours upon hours on the "live chat" and "customer service" i have gotten nowhere.

I ended up going into my local store who informed me that Three has no Uk customer service and it is all sent across to Mumbai!!

Somehow they have gotten o2 confused with T-mobile and apparently that is what they suspect is causing the problems. although the PAC code I sent across started with TEL!!. I was first instructed to wait 24 hours - after 24 hours nothing had changed - I have now been instructed to wait 72 hours!! this will put me to Friday 22-06-2018 unfortunately the number I use is my main business number as I work self employed and Three have been made aware of this!

Has anyone or does anyone know if I would be able to claim for loss of earnings due to this failure to provide service ?

Any help for information is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it a business account?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Three does have Customer Service and it is based in India. Unless you have a business account with a specific service level agreement you will find you have no entitlement to consequential loss. You may be offered a pro-rata refund of your monthly subscription for the lost days of service.

It is usually a false economy to save money running a business on a personal account.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Er... I've been doing that since I got my first mobile contract and wouldn't have it any other way!
  • pmduk
    Options
    Then the amount you've saved will cover consequential losses! People can have one or the other, most expect both.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    There are other advantages - at least in my case. I have always had multiple contracts and change numbers when any one of them ends. I never port, but the nature of what I do means I've never had consequential losses either. I'd have had potentially worse losses when I relied on my land line in decades past, but it will depend more on the nature of the business and the avalilability of other ways of communicating amongst other things.
  • pmduk
    Options
    I'd regularly get customers screaming at me that their mobile was a priority for their business (one man still sticks in my mind), they'd be saying that despite having been disconnected for non-payment. It was always the network's fault.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I've had my share of problems with networks over the years, but that wasn't one of them!
  • pmduk
    edited 21 June 2018 at 8:36AM
    Options
    OP, Back on topic, three do not have a good record for handling porting, at least on this site, so make a formal complaint.

I suggest using the resolver method but ensure that you get a complaint number from Three, as these are the complaints they report back to Ofcom.

It'd be nice to think that eventually, Ofcom will realise how bad they are at porting and take action, but nobody should hold their breath.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    OP, Back on topic, three do not have a good record for handling porting, at least on this site, so make a formal complaint.

I suggest using the resolver method but ensure that you get a complaint number from Three, as these are the complaints they report back to Ofcom.

It'd be nice to think that eventually, Ofcom will realise how bad they are at porting and take action, but nobody should hold their breath.

Are Three really any worse that Vodafone - I seriously doubt it.

If they had an actual business account, they'd have almost certainly have UK customer service from Three...
  • pmduk
    Options
    Do Three offer UK customer services for business customers or is that supposition? Last I heard only sales and executive complaints were uk based.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure