Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mooloo :( I hope you manage to get some sleep and feel better tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that today is a somewhat better for you.
    Try to take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Not quite Armageddon but feels pretty close at times.
    About to tackle another complaint from the same woman about her blinds. I am well aware she is now nit picking so she doesn't have to pay.
    The social worker for vulnerable adults was as about as helpful as a chocolate fire guard when she got back to me about Twin2 yesterday. Including telling me she should come home if I am that worried about her! She's 29 soon how can I tell her to do that.
    A few choices words are not amiss. I told her if anything happens to my daughter I will hold them accountable if they don't check her safety, follow up my concerns etc.
    DS got the sack for various misdemeanours like having his family in the flat. Not cutting his hair, or beard. Smoking in the apartment etc anything and everything as far as I can tell. He didn't tell me but the GF did.
    She is back in the flat!! Well they are both a pain.
    BF has come and gone without much said etc for two days now. Yesterday he didn't come until after 10.30pm what ever the point of that was.
    Neither Seamstress is suitable taking hours to sew a few small jobs. Costing me not making money for me.
    Biggest wasat least back in work today.
    As many jobs in today as collected. I have 45 new jobs in this week.
    My hands are a little better down to cream and golden paste.
    Time to close for the day and go see these blinds.
    I am not looking forward to this at all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you have plenty of new jobs in. Your BF sounds very hard work,would it help to sit him down and talk to him about his behaviour lately? Something has made him "off" but unless he tells you what it is how on earth can you fix it.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2018 at 6:01PM
    Options
    geminilady wrote: »
    Your BF sounds very hard work,would it help to sit him down and talk to him about his behaviour lately? Something has made him "off" but unless he tells you what it is how on earth can you fix it.
    I agree

Please don't take this as criticism Mooloo, obviously we don't know him and can only go by what you write but, based on that, I've been wondering for a while what you get from this relationship.
    It seems (from what you write) to be almost everything is on his terms...
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I agree

Please don't take this as criticism Mooloo, obviously we don't know him and can only go by what you write but, based on that, I've been wondering for a while what you get from this relationship.
    It seems (from what you write) to be almost everything is on his terms...

I used to think I knew what it was. However I am restless and so grumpy. He is probably not really doing anything very differently and it's just my perspective. He obviously wants to be here, but as he's not really talking about anything heaven knows.
    He did collect Dgd for me after school while I went to see the lady about the blinds. But he was out the door for his run before I even had made a cup of tea.
    Dgd is playing in the garden for the first time in months.
    The blinds, to be fair are very very slightly out, and I will need to tweak slightly. But the way the woman was going on originally was over the top, and the clips on the strings just needed moving along the cord slightly. But I have ordered some new tape and will once again re do it, so that every line of the string is exact. One below the other.
    I have told her that I will call her when the new tape has arrived and arrange for them to be done on a day when I have the new tape.

I will probably sleep better tonight knowing that I can tweak these blinds and all is Not lost.

Tomorrow is another day and I will rise to the occasion.
    Twin2 has put a bid in for a flat that is £87 a week. That is within the benefits for that area. There are about 12 people on the list so we will have to see. Her code has moved up a band .
    Biggest was much better today and after a later start she was a good help.
    No news today from DS.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can feel your despair about DS Mooloo - you cannot help him when he just will not accept rules - like smoking in a non-smoking flat, having his family over etc etc etc. Sadly, he is going to have to learn the hard way. :-(
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is DS still living in the flat he got from his job, or is that a different place? I may have got this completely wrong. If he is still living in his work-provided accommodation, then if he's been fired, he will have to leave. I hope I've got this wrong.
  • Savvy_sewing
    edited 17 March 2018 at 3:49PM
    Options
    *max* wrote: »
    Is DS still living in the flat he got from his job, or is that a different place? I may have got this completely wrong. If he is still living in his work-provided accommodation, then if he's been fired, he will have to leave. I hope I've got this wrong.

He has to be out of there by 2nd April. He already had been given that notice before the disciplinary. So I knew that the job loss was following.

It has been changed to the 29th now!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    29th April, or March? :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts