Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I joined Solarplicity a year ago, and apart from a rocky start transferring my supply, everything has been ok. But as my tariff is coming to an end, I've been trying to contact them. I've waited on hold for hours for the past three days, with no one picking up. I've emailed twice, with no reply. Are they still in business? It is scary when your energy supplier doesn't seem to be at home

Not that scary, your energy is still supplied by the grid and you wouldn't be cut off just because the supplier goes bust or AWOL in Solarplicity's case.
  • LeesArt
    LeesArt Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree, just keep the money you would have paid, maybe cancel direct debit if you have one.

I think they need to bring in an 0800 number if they are going to take that long to speak to customers.

Got to a point where they will use your whole monthly allowance on hold for them.

Is a shame really, I thing it was laudible to focus on renewable energy and to ditch the standing charge (SHAME ON THEM FOR THE U TURN).
  • flower77g
    flower77g Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Customer service isn't very good - I was thiking of switching to them but they can't switch a customer with solar panels online and sent a lengthy incomprehensible form to complete instead!
  • mbmonty
    mbmonty Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 14 April 2018 at 8:36PM
    Options
    I have still not had a request for meter readings or a bill from Solarplicity.

I did a price comparison at Which?

First I did my current Tariff and it said it had nothing cheaper, then I put in the new 2018 Tariff (which I have not been formerly been advised by Solarplicity exists), turns out the new Tariff is going to cost me over £120 more on the usage I had last year, even with my low low usage.

The whole idea of switching was that I could spend my money on energy and get warm rather than on Standing Charge.

I have yet to get a bill so I am just waiting to see what they will pull but I am NOT paying the new rate on my useage as they have not formally advised me of an increase. Then when they do tell me I will be switching away on principle, I will not reward a company for breaking it's word.

I am not sure if it will be with Brilliant Energy as £20 of they £90 saving is an online discount, I will give readings online but I want paper bills. Also they have £58 exit fee!
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2018 at 2:43PM
    Options
    [QUOTE=mbmonty;74162626]I have still not had a request for meter readings or a bill from Solarplicity.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to wait until they request a meter reading from you; you can submit them online whenever you wish (or email them to Solarplicity)

Submission of meter readings usually prompts the generation of a bill (within reason)

mbmonty wrote: »

The whole idea of switching was that I could spend my money on energy and get warm rather than on Standing Charge.

I am not sure if it will be with Brilliant Energy as £20 of they £90 saving is an online discount, I will give readings online but I want paper bills. Also they have £58 exit fee!

And, of course, Brilliant Energy impose daily standing charges. :cool:

The feedback thread for Brilliant Energy can be found here:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5795459

Keep checking regularly there for any feedback
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks

I do log in each week to the portal but the functionality to put readings in does not work.

They are obviously working on it because bits keep appearing.

I am fine waiting, the longer it is before they tell me that they are increasing rates the longer I will insist on only being charged the rates I agreed with them.

I agree about brilliant energy, I have no doubt that Solarplicity's new tariff with the Standing Charge that they do not believe in will be cheaper too.

However, I am not in the business of rewarding companies for breaking not only their word but their values, I may go to Scottish Power as I have heard good things about them.

To be honest I do not know how they can think they can be trusted after this, right now they make promises about being based on renewable energy and they make other promised too, why would anyone believe a single one of them if they can ditch them every three months.
  • averygoodview
    Options
    I decided to change from Iresa to Solarplicity on the 17th March 2018. I was given a transfer date of the 9th April 2018. The transfer went well with absolutely no problems at all. I received e-mails at various stages - not many but enough to keep me informed. I would like to make clear that this company operates a Monday to Friday service, so you will have to take that into account. But I would recommend them as I have had no problems at all. There is one thing that perplexes me and that is on the ML comparison site they calculate my monthly charge at £56.00 yet I am paying £38.00 and that is based upon the same year kWh, I am not sure why that is?
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    I decided to change from Iresa to Solarplicity on the 17th March 2018. I was given a transfer date of the 9th April 2018. The transfer went well with absolutely no problems at all. I received e-mails at various stages - not many but enough to keep me informed. I would like to make clear that this company operates a Monday to Friday service, so you will have to take that into account. But I would recommend them as I have had no problems at all. There is one thing that perplexes me and that is on the ML comparison site they calculate my monthly charge at £56.00 yet I am paying £38.00 and that is based upon the same year kWh, I am not sure why that is?

I can't help you on that one sorry.

The ML comparison site would take the consumption data you provide, calculate the annual cost according to the tariff, and divide by 12 to give you the monthly figure.
    So the ML comparison site has calculated the annual cost as £672

If you get a quote from Solarplicity, as they explain, they reduce your electricity consumption by 11%, before doing the same calculation.
    But that would not explain why they suggest you annual cost would only be £456. (a saving of over 32%)

If you are certain you are comparing the same tariff, and inputting the same consumption in kWh. then why not see just how good Solarplicity Customer Service is, and ask them to explain their calculation in full. :)
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I made some enquiries about why they were appearing or not appearing on different sites. I was told that there was an issue with the way they calculate. For example making assumptions about the value of LED bubs savings as a percentage of your bill.

I was also told that they had asked not to be included except for a few areas because they were bogged down with calls.

How anyone can sign up with them now that they have broken a pillar of their promise I do not know.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mbmonty wrote: »
    I made some enquiries about why they were appearing or not appearing on different sites....

1. Who did you make enquires of?
    2. Which accredited comparison sites do not include Solarplicity?
    3. Why are you expending so much time and effort in a vain attempt to discredit this supplier?

:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport