Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

Options

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    John1963 wrote: »
    Notes: (1) Hide out under AdscendMedia is worth checking out, points take time to build but it runs on and does not need nursing (2) Desktop Watch is working for me again now.

So what's this about? I had 200 points or so but it didn't credit any SB and didn't tick off daily discover.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to select swagbucks before redeeming the points?
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lost2 wrote: »
    mine our there I wonder if they are awarding winning team first and working down
    June Team Challenge 100 SB Rebate
    Toggle details
    Sun, 30 Jun 2019 at 12:00AM PDT
    AVAILABLE
    100 SB

It's not even showing my previous ones. There's absolutely nothing there at all.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Lungboy
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    You need to select swagbucks before redeeming the points?

I didn't see any option to redeem the points.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Log in to hideout, left click on the small head an shoulder silhouette, click on 'Loyalty Program Rewards' in the drop down menu that appears. There will then show your points with a green button below. Once you press that you'll need to 'choose a linked account' and then redeem. I usually have to go full screen in chrome to see all the necessary buttons.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lungboy, before you redeem: As I posted in the Hideout thread, the pay rate at Swagbucks is nowhere near as good as other sites, so I'd really recommend checking out somewhere else like Keep Rewarding, which pays about twice as much.
    Their rate is 0.8 cents per 9 Hideout points, and you can also pick up a bonus of 5 cents if you redeem enough points to earn a dollar in a day.

I think it's only worth redeeming a few to Swagbucks if you really just need 1 or 2 SB for a goal or some other bonus. This means only having a few points in your Hideout account, because although you can vary which sites you redeem to, each redemption can only be to one site and uses up all (or very nearly all) your points.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    I don't have a hideout account and this all sounds like far too much effort for a few SB or pennies
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    purplevamp wrote: »
    It's not even showing my previous ones. There's absolutely nothing there at all.

I was also on the winning team (first time for a while) and the swagup is there but no previous ones are showing.

Just looked a bit closer and where the headings are this
    Swag Up: Expiration Date: Status: Amount

both "Status" and "Amount" are sort options, it appears "status" defaults to "available" the other options are "applied" and "expired" so changing to "applied" should bring up your old ones (not the missing available one) - "Amount" is just a "high" or "low" sort.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I don't have a hideout account and this all sounds like far too much effort for a few SB or pennies

If you're a regular user of sites like Swagbucks and consider it worthwhile earning at those kind of places, using Hideout's one of the easiest ways to boost your earnings with them because you don't have to do much apart from let the videos run and occasionally check on them!

All you need is to go to https://hideout.tv and create an account first, then run the videos through Hideout or a partner site like Swagbucks (or a much better one like Keep Rewarding!) and redeem the points whenever you like. Simple, and doesn't involve much effort at all.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Might be worth holding off redeeming if you're close until the Swago starts on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure