PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Laredouter
    Options
    I was coming home for the weekend and was just passing by the Sue Ryder store in town. Seemed rude not to pop in for a browse :p. Came away with an oatmeal striped Weird Fish zip-up fleece for £5.95 and a pretty embroidered Monsoon chambray blouse for £3.95. So pleased with how my new wardrobe is coming along!! I am going to ban myself from charity shops for a while now though :rotfl:
  • Laredouter
    Options
    Also I believe it is the full-size Baywater; it definitely does weigh a ton :o
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH needed trousers for work so I got a pair of Blue Harbour beige chinos & a pair of John Lewis blue suit trousers for £3.50/4 each & a pair of Markies suit trousers for £1 from the C/S today.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    4 volumes of Building Encylopedia
    £65 at Biblio
    £4 at BHF (£1 a volume).

Bedtime reading for the weekend.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    I always find that the local hospice charity shops ... have the best bargains and the keenest prices,

Oh no, ours fancy themselves as 'booteeks' and price accordingly.

Any charity shop that uses brown tie-on luggage labels is getting above itself.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 February 2018 at 11:44PM
    Options

Any charity shop that uses brown tie-on luggage labels is getting above itself.

:rotfl: - yep, it's funny! Although the ones that bother me most are the ones where there isn't a designer label in sight & yet they try to sell me a Primark-brand top for 3x what it cost new!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today's bargains are a pair of faded blue Next tapered boyfriend jeans for £2.99, a BNWT White Stuff caterpillar scarf for £2.50, tag says £27.50:eek:, it has angora in which is expensive (and sheds like crazy it would appear) I suppose. A solid wood table to be used as DD's dressing table, it will be getting an upcycling treatment soon but at £5 I was very happy with it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »
    :rotfl: - yep, it's funny! Although the ones that bother me most are the ones where there isn't a designer label in sight & yet they try to sell me a Primark-brand top for 3x what it cost new!

My DSis and myself share a theory on this one, we reckon these shops are staffed by well-heeled ladies who lunch who don't recognise that 'Atmosphere' (to take one example) is actually a Primarni own-brand name, or that 'Avenue' is how A!di brand a lot of their stuff.

Consequently they rate everything on the M and S/East/Next sliding scale of costs.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Some years ago my niece, who has a six-figure salary, (and has worked damn hard for it), raved over a gorgeous thick fleece pair of pyjamas my sis had bought her. Sis kept her mouth shut, as she knew my niece wouldn't believe the source was Primark.
    Prejudices die hard...
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    1 M&S merino wool jumper
    1 M&S cotton cashmere jumper
    1 M&S cotton jumper
    All as new £6 for the 3.

2 Pretty lightweight scarves £2

Pair converse style trainers but Papaya as new £2
    Pack coasters 50p

3 paperbacks £1
    All that clutter used to be money
This discussion has been closed.