IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo PCN - Railway (Double Yellow Lines)

Options
Hello all,

Newbie here so please bare with me!

I have received a letter from PCN Admin Centre (Indigo, the trading name of ZZPS) and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the next steps as I'm not sure if my case is different to others? I have read on this website and seen that that the general way to respond to these letters is by copying and pasting the template into the online appeal section? (Sorry I can't post links as a newbie).

In my case, the vehicle was parked on double yellow lines in an Indigo Railway carpark and they have said in the letter that the parking of the vehicle is "in contravention of the Railway Byelaws ("Byelaws") as displayed on the signage at the location. Photographic evidence can be viewed at [website for viewing PCN photos]" - I can see three pictures of the vehicle here with very low resolution date/time stamps but no images of the signs at the location that they allude to. Does this help my case?

I am just wondering what my next steps should be and if I should use the template in the form mentioned in the in the main thread for helping these issues is the right way to go if the vehicle was on double yellow lines in this railway carpark?

Any help is appreciated, and sorry if I'm posting something that's been answered before. I just wanted to be clear because of parking on double yellows (didn't see them, was in a rush and a very dirty area from the pictorial evidence)!

Thanks!

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Use the template
    THen you need to read the, what, dozen recent Indigo threads, as RAILWAY tickets have a specific process - whcih is you get them to time out past 6 months, by asking a series of questions.

Double yellow lines have zero meaning on private land. They dont indcate anything more than that, UNLESS the signs are relaly clear.
  • 997foxj
    997foxj Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for such a quick response. There is also no reference to how long I have to pay the PCN on this letter, just that I should "pay immediately". Do I send the template now, or wait?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Given your objective is to get to 6 months, what option do you think is more appropriate?
  • 997foxj
    Options
    Waiting as long as possible makes sense, should I just wait for another warning (with a dated deadline) before I respond? Just a bit worried, never been in this position before!
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    What does your reading tell you? You just have read other indigo threads by now.

If there is no deadline, then give it two weeks or so from the letter date.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely no need to worry, they are trying to scam you, but you have come to the right place, we show scammers the door.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    This is exactly the same as all the other Indigo cases. Post 1 of the Newbies thread has a link to a precise run down of this scam.

All you need to do is string it out 6 months with mail ping pong. The good thing is Indigo seem to delight in writing letters that make no sense and are open to further questions.
  • 997foxj
    Options
    Thanks very much to everyone who's replied. It's very informative and reassuring. Where is the official information regarding the 6 month cut off?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    997foxj wrote: »
    Thanks very much to everyone who's replied. It's very informative and reassuring. Where is the official information regarding the 6 month cut off?

Section 127 of the Magistrates Act 1980.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    997foxj wrote: »

Have you looked at the thread Waamo suggested you look at?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure