Cancellation of flight

Options
Dear Martin and all

I am hoping you might be able to help as I have hit a brick wall.

In October we booked flights through Opodo to Alicante Spain, our flight out was with Easy Jet and no problems.

We were due to fly back with Vueling Airlines on Saturday 12th October (never heard of them before that). We were able to log on and download our boarding pass on that Saturday morning. It was when we got to the airport we were informed the flight had been cancelled 2 weeks prior and an email was sent. My husband never received an email and checked his spam folder as well.

We had to pay for a hotel for that evening and get the same flight on Sunday. Stuff were unhelpful.

Since coming back we have complained to Opodo as per the advise from Vueling which got us nowhere, so went back to Vueling whom state we are not entitled to our expenses being reimbursed as they have complied with the EU regulations. We have asked for a copy of this email which has been a fruitless task as they are not complying.

My argument is, we did not receive any email about cancelling our booked flight on Saturday 12th, Why were we able to download our boarding passes for the Saturday flight if it was cancelled 2 weeks prior. If we were aware of this flight cancellation we could of be able to plan for it. All I want is my expenses reimbursed.

Are Vueling right and we just need to give up now?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glover16 wrote: »
    We were able to log on and download our boarding pass on that Saturday morning. It was when we got to the airport we were informed the flight had been cancelled 2 weeks prior and an email was sent. My husband never received an email and checked his spam folder as well.

do you still have the Vueling boarding cards? would it be possible that the booking had been changed so when you checked in online you received the boarding passes for the rebooked flights rather than the Saturday flights (Vueling allow checking 7 days before the flight) - not possible to check in for a cancelled flight but your booking reference would have been the same and you may not have noticed the different date.

I suspect when Opodo booked your flights they used an opodo email address which would have been the only contact details the airline would have had (one of the many downsides of involving a third party)
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Vueling wouldn't have your email address. Everything they send out goes to the agent you book with. Unfortunately you chose a shonky one who it appears either didn't forward it to you, or it got lost somewhere in the ether.

Hadn't you been checking your booking regularly for changes? That should be a given, even if you book direct. If the flight was cancelled you would not be able to check in for it. It sounds like a schedule change and when you checked in you didn't notice the change of date/day.
  • Glover16
    Options
    Hi

Yes we have still have the boarding passes as was downloaded onto our phone, they definitely say Saturday 12th October and sent pictures of this to Vueling. My husband done the booking and he was informed we could not book in until 12 hours before, that’s why we did the Saturday morning. When speaking with the customer service at Vueling they said they had emailed us direct but still waiting for a copy. Our downside was that we only logged onto the site to check flights and not direct with Vueling. When emailing Opodo to go back to them they did not even bother to reply and I did it through resolver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure