Options
2»

Comments

• mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    While I am here Why has nobody from MSE replied to this thread

Martin and his team are ok with finding the deals but when you end up in the shat they are not interested

:cool: WARNING - Stay clear of BT
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • savedave
    Options
    Did anyone manage to get their £50 cheque? I am in the same position as the OP - got the mastercard but after 3 online chats, 1 call and several emails still no cheque.

First online chat acknowledged I was due the cheque, now BT are denying they ever had an offer with broadband choices!

Not impressed with MSE's link.
  • mattytun
    Options
    savedave wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get their £50 cheque? I am in the same position as the OP - got the mastercard but after 3 online chats, 1 call and several emails still no cheque.

First online chat acknowledged I was due the cheque, now BT are denying they ever had an offer with broadband choices!

Not impressed with MSE's link.
    It's absolutely disgusting from BT I signed up back in October received the £125 prepaid master card but still not received the £50 cashback

I've phoned BT loads of times and just go round in circles

Don't expect to hear anything from MSE and his team on the forums because they just don't care:cool:
  • twokcc
    twokcc Posts: 243 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2018 at 3:45AM
    Options
    mattytun wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgusting from BT I signed up back in October received the £125 prepaid master card but still not received the £50 cashback

I've phoned BT loads of times and just go round in circles

Don't expect to hear anything from MSE and his team on the forums because they just don't care:cool:

Completely agree with you the person I spoke to at BT repeatedly advised that she could not do anything more.
    As a result I asked for postal address so I could send an official complaint and at the same time give Bt 14 das to make a payment which if this was not received I would be making a claim for the £50 via the small claims court. She then spoke again to her manager and advised me that he would look into the matter and ring me back within 13 working days (works out as 15th Feb) although it would normally not take as long as this.
    I have every intention of doing small claim if I do not get a satisfactory outcome, will post progres once I have received phone call from BT manager.
    So mattytun keep checking forum hopefully with info you and mrbenray have provided I can achieve a satisfactory outcome
  • mattytun
    Options
    twokcc wrote: »
    Completely agree with you the person I spoke to at BT repeatedly advised that she could not do anything more.
    As a result I asked for postal address so I could send an official complaint and at the same time give Bt 14 das to make a payment which if this was not received I would be making a claim for the £50 via the small claims court. She then spoke again to her manager and advised me that he would look into the matter and ring me back within 13 working days (works out as 15th Feb) although it would normally not take as long as this.
    I have every intention of doing small claim if I do not get a satisfactory outcome, will post progres once I have received phone call from BT manager.
    So mattytun keep checking forum hopefully with info you and mrbenray have provided I can achieve a satisfactory outcome

Well well well I'm slightly in shock postman has just been to my house and delivered me a £50 cheque from BT
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So a bit of patience paid off then?
  • twokcc
    twokcc Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    And amazingly mine also arrived in this afternoons post

:j:j

Still to sort out why I'm only getting a third of my maximum speed
    and not impressed by BT's technical support so far.
  • savedave
    Options
    Mine also arrived in the last couple of days.

Don't know if its coincidence that we are all receiving them now - perhaps there was a fault in the system. But it is still frustrating for it to arrive 3 months late and only after numerous difficult calls (on two of which I was told I was not eligible for the cheque).
  • mattytun
    Options
    savedave wrote: »
    Mine also arrived in the last couple of days.

Don't know if its coincidence that we are all receiving them now - perhaps there was a fault in the system. But it is still frustrating for it to arrive 3 months late and only after numerous difficult calls (on two of which I was told I was not eligible for the cheque).
    Well Done.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family