Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So I have just paid off another £84.80 off my target debt. That leaves £39.17 left to pay which I am determined to do this month. I have another £9.64 on prolific to cash out, and have quite a few things up for sale now. So if those sell hopefully I should make that last £39.17. If not I am sure I can save the amount out of my weekly spending money over the next week or two. I am determined this debt will be gone this month!
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    That certainly sounds like a drama you can do without. I am generally quite close to my family, but I have had a serious falling out with my mum last month which has really impacted my relationship with her for the first time. It's made me realise a lot of things about her which I have let slide, when I should have been addressing them. But it's horrible being at odds with people close to you.

I hope you and your dad can stay strong through this and that you make your weekly target!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Thanks drawing and yes it's drama that i certainly don't need in my life. I have enough going on without having to deal with their dramas.

So I think target debt number 2 will be paid off this week. I did the wages at work today, they will be paid Thursday, but I have got a small tax refund due to me being on a week 1/month 1 tax code which I hadn't noticed before. So in addition to my tax refund I had underestimated my wages by nearly £80. So part of that will go to pay off the last of the debt, part will go to the extra bring spent on childcare this week and part will go to the next savings goal!

In addition I have been accepted for water sure for both my water and sewage. So that means my bills are called and I should save about £20 a month!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    What a nice little bundle of extra cash you'll have mumoffour!

Nice to see you splitting the extra between pots too - all these little extras will make all the difference.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 14 February 2018 at 2:55PM
    Options
    Thanks JoJo. I think I have decided that just by doing not much my debt will be paid off this year, so I intend to still live a little and seeing as my life is so chaotic, any little thing I can get to make it a little less so I will. Even if that means I take a month or two longer to pay everything off.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So today I am at work but its not very busy and I have been playing with my spreadsheet to change DD's as they have been updated for water.

I am also looking into changing gas and electric provider as my current tariff ends at the end of March. I keep checking but don't want to change too soon as I don't want to pay the early exit fees!

Tomorrow the next target debt will be paid off and then I just need confirmation that my ex husband is getting a bonus and then I will get some of that and it will clear the rest of my overdraft.

If he doesn't get a bonus, then my focus will switch to clearing my overdraft with any extra money I make. But if I don't make any extra money, this should be gone in the next couple of months anyway.

If I can clear my overdraft, then I will only have the two debts left to pay! :T There is the one that has disappeared, but until that resurfaces, I am not counting it!
  • JoJoC
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly about living a little while paying off debts (if you can manage, that is) and you'll see that it's the approach we're trying to live by on my diary.

Fingers crossed on the ex-husband's bonus!

Question (and tell me to mind my own business if you want) - is he obliged to give you a portion of his bonus as part of maintenance or is he giving you it off his own back? Just interested!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Oh don't worry about asking that JoJo. We have an agreement between ourselves. When we first split up he had his own company as well as being employed and he used to give me a percentage of any income he got from the company as well as his wages. So I think when he gets his bonus he applies the same percentage as he does to his wages. There is no obligation I don't think but he always been good about giving me the recommended amount per the child maintenance calculator even if he doesn't actually see the kids that often!

I hope he does get his bonus as that would be amazing to have paid off my overdraft as well this month.
  • JoJoC
    Options
    That's all very sensible and amicable - not very often that you see that in separated couples. I bet it makes both your lives easier for it not to be a constant fight! Shame he doesn't see the kids so often though.

Yes, i have my fingers crossed that he gets the bonus and your overdraft can be gone!

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Yes we are all very amicable about the money side of things. Even when we split, we shared everything out evenly and didn't disagree on any money things. We only really disagree on how much he sees the kids!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback